X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon’s balsa/ply P-47

Maybe there’s already a post on this and I missed it but what is everybody thinking about the new Razorback P-47? I really liked the FMS 1700mm P-47 but never built up the nerve to buy one due to minor issues mentioned on the forums. (All fixable but I just didn’t want to deal with it at the time). This model seems durable, looks great, strong retracts and appears to be compatible 6S/60 sized motor. I did own a P-51 blue nose V1 and it was a disaster for them. Gear ripping out of the wings right and left. I’m hoping they learned their lesson with that one and don’t repeat the same mistakes with this 47. They also said a 60sized motor on the Mustang but it was very anemic with it. We finally went to a 90/8S and it woke up the performance substantially. I really like the idea of a 6S plane due to the wingloading. I really don’t like flying the warbird leadsleds. Any comments?

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
    Maybe there’s already a post on this and I missed it but what is everybody thinking about the new Razorback P-47? I really liked the FMS 1700mm P-47 but never built up the nerve to buy one due to minor issues mentioned on the forums. (All fixable but I just didn’t want to deal with it at the time). This model seems durable, looks great, strong retracts and appears to be compatible 6S/60 sized motor. I did own a P-51 blue nose V1 and it was a disaster for them. Gear ripping out of the wings right and left. I’m hoping they learned their lesson with that one and don’t repeat the same mistakes with this 47. They also said a 60sized motor on the Mustang but it was very anemic with it. We finally went to a 90/8S and it woke up the performance substantially. I really like the idea of a 6S plane due to the wingloading. I really don’t like flying the warbird leadsleds. Any comments?
    Hello Patrnflyr,
    Yes there is already a 460+ post count thread on the FMS 1500mm P-47 Razor
    Regarding the Hangar 9 product..........no help here.
    I'm pretty sure that FMS has slowly been upping their game cause you do know that the P-51 is a V8 now ;)
    My only comment about your questioning is that making gasser engine size comparisons to electric setups is now passé and it was/is not even a relevant technical comparison just due to lack of specs.
    Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
    X