Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would certainly be in for a big Super Fortress!

Comment

I think that if they did do this the same scale, they could just separate the wings at the outer side of the inner nacells then will fit in most minivans. R
      AMA 424553

Comment

check span and height of the tailplanes...

Actually shipping would also be an issue. Way over the "oversize package" limit for the fuselage, imposing a large fee if the fuselage isn't broken in half. (and probably would need 2 boxes then)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

That too.
          AMA 424553

Comment

TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I'm not against a 2 part fuselage and 2 to 4 boxes to ship it FedEx (UPS = please no.... Unlimited Package Smashing.)

Comment

Many FLRC and Freewing planes have a two piece fuse, it's not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

VA...

If you are mobility impaired, talk to DAV or TX-Vets about applying for appx $20,000 grant for a car. (and if 60% or greater, take the papers to the DMV to get your car registration VERY cheap + DV plates which are Handicap plates)
                  Yes indeed already got my dv plates setup. :) it's been a rough ride

Comment

Great video!

I would believe if this were done, the fuselage would be molded in two pieces.
                    The wings could be two or even four pieces. As far as weight and boxing things up, if one box won’t work, why not use two.?
                    I have already ordered other models that came in up to three box’s. I like em big!
                    I don’t see size as a deterrent. Like everything else in life, commit and figure it out.

We were at both the Air Force Museum and Udvar-Hazy last year...
                    Bockscar and Enola Gay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBC05F34-07A4-4AC5-8BDB-A3FDF43F126C.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	115491Click image for larger version

Name:	DCE1F81B-61A8-4D3B-B17E-0C1D2C11453B.jpeg
Views:	393
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	115492

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

TI...!

Thats so funny! Oddball to the rescue! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        The whole video is worth watching but I've queued it up to the flying part. :)
                        What a great video! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I'd buy one. Not really excited about the big bombers, but a B-29 would probably be a game-changer.

Comment

I'm not against a 2 part fuselage and 2 to 4 boxes to ship it FedEx (UPS = please no.... Unlimited Package Smashing.)
                          Over here ups is the better option, fedex been known to leave boxes at the front gate of the property in wide open view of the road. Not the safest way to receive packages when they're nearly 300 yards from the door

Comment

My current project is a giant scale ply n balsa Pilatus PC-6 Porter. It’s an ARF that needs the typical fine tuning and strengthening as the build progresses. The two piece wings have a span of 109 inches. The fuselage is 69 inches long out of the box, cowl n tail make it 79 inches. If FlightLine did a B-29 at 1/16.7, it would fit inside this model, so to speak. The PC-6 made it from China to Hillbilly Hell, pretty sure a B-29 would easily make the trip. Having flown larger models for three years now, the B-29 could fit right in for me. If they did produce one and had the fortitude to match the 1/16.7 scale, I would buy two. If they did it in a smaller scale, well, I don’t know.

Growing up all my buddies built plastic models. Typically we each chose a particular scale so personal models were comparable. I built in 1/48 scale. Seems like my RC planes are such a grab bag of scales it’s just gotten ridiculous. The scale aspect has taken a dump. It’s now a specific wingspan metric series of planes that are out of scale with each other. Who’s idea was that?

Anyway, I can only hope a Thumper and Yokohama Yo-yo in 1/16.7 come my way. Then I could actually say check this out, all the US heavy bombers in the same scale!

Name:	87A603D5-D9A8-4F93-B3F0-E95230A18AD3.jpeg
Views:	446
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	115892

Name:	92D55322-B40F-422F-9EF7-995FA5808CBA.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	115893

Comment

The 29 is on my list, I don't have a bomber but I'd buy this one. Cannot be too big though, my field just too hard to bring the really big stuff in without significant pucker.
                              rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                                Growing up all my buddies built plastic models. Typically we each chose a particular scale so personal models were comparable. I built in 1/48 scale. Seems like my RC planes are such a grab bag of scales it’s just gotten ridiculous. The scale aspect has taken a dump. It’s now a specific wingspan metric series of planes that are out of scale with each other. Who’s idea was that?
                                The reason that they make the planes to similar size rather than the same scale is to give them the ability to use the same or very similar power systems and other parts. The same motor/ESC/battery power system works for P-51, Spitfire, Me-109, F4U Corsair, FW-190... and more... if they have basically the same wingspan.

Comment

The reason that they make the planes to similar size rather than the same scale is to give them the ability to use the same or very similar power systems and other parts. The same motor/ESC/battery power system works for P-51, Spitfire, Me-109, F4U Corsair, FW-190... and more... if they have basically the same wingspan.
                                  Every airplane listed could conceivably use the same motor n esc when done scale. The rest of the parts will be different.

Done the same scale they do have basically the same wingspan.

Comment

These airplanes are all 1/72 scale...

Name:	54C16249-D891-4022-9BDB-69F1972B531C.jpeg
Views:	401
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	115918

Comment

But we're talking a B-29 here. By comparison, the current Flightline B-24 has been scaled down to 2m from it's real 34m wingspan. If one were to do the same scale on a B-29, it would have to be 2.53m. The B-24 is about as big a model as I could handle, both in terms of storage and transport. Without breaking it down to too many pieces, the B-29 would be undesirable and unmanageable. It would have to be a different scale. Same goes for something like the B-36. At the same scale, it would be an unwieldy 4.1m. I can deal with a 3m+ sailplane due to their simplicity, but any scale warbird, particularly with the added complexity of multi-engines, retracts, flaps, etc, would never find their way into my hanger, no matter how much I'd want one.
                                      But getting back to the notion that the same powertrain could be used in a same scale B-29 as what's in a B-24, I kinda don't think so. The much bigger and heavier B-29 would be as sluggish as a hippo wallowing in mud. I like my planes to be over-scale when it comes to power and performance. As it is, I was hoping the B-24 was going to be a 6s plane but it seems that it is more than adequate as is. I'm building mine right now and when the weather is less winter-like, I'll know for myself.

Comment

Your totally correct.
                                        A heavy bomber isn’t a fighter.
                                        This is the same thing that limits 90% of the people I fly with.
                                        Ya gotta get out of the box brother.
                                        Your limiting your abilities and your life experience!

Comment

I'd love to have a Heavy bomber fleet with the B-29 and most definitely the B-24 to add to my B-17 that I've had for several years now.
                                          A Lancaster would be awesome too....

Comment

Working...
                                          X