You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Flightline make a North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Flightline make a North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco?

I’ve decided to try this, seemed to work for the F-4 Phantom II.
    To me, a Flightline Ov-10 Bronco is an absolute MUST DO. Just like the F-4. A tribute to the brave men who flew them, low and slow, marking VC targets with smoke bombs, totally exposed and susceptible to ground fire, both small arms and surface to air heat-seekers.
    Flightline could make it big, with super scale features. I’ll try to list a few that come to mind.
    Make it 1/7.5 to 1/8 scale. Large and in charge!
    The twin booms are interchangeable, the left is identical to the right! That has to save a little in its manufacture!
    You could make the OV-10A, and make the longer nose optional to change it to an OV-10D, the Bronco that fought in Iraq.
    It has a huge greenhouse begging for detail and the pilot and observer need to be scale, as they are exposed from the waist up!
    I realize the landing gear will be somewhat of a compromise, but they can be made to look scale, even if they don’t operate scale, how they tuck as they retract.
    They should design the wing with the scale roll control blade spoilers. Or at least leave that portion of the wing “available” for the modification.
    Make the rear door operable, dah!
    Make the plethora of weapons and fuel tanks available!
    Who’s with me that the Bronco is a MUST HAVE Vietnam era Warbird with tons liveries and civil paint schemes to satisfy everybody!

I'm in for a couple!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170501_155036203_iOS.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	117585
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
        I've decided to try this, seemed to work for the F-4 Phantom II.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? ;)

I'd be down for one for sure. 1600mm would be 1/7.61 scale. It could use the same power systems as the P-38 and Tigercat.
        Pat

Comment

Although I've been able to fight off jumping on the F4, For now! If they'd roll out an OV 10? They'll be able to reel me all the way to the rod tip....;)

Comment

I should say at least 1/7 to 1/8 scale, because 2000mm would NOT be TOO big!

Comment

Yeah, a 2000mm Bronco would be the ticket!
              Pat

Comment

2000mm and SOLD!

Comment

If only there were a user on the Squawk, someone who is partial to OV10s, who could give us their opinion... :ov10
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I talked with him about half hour ago. He's out taking care of some things with the Mrs. He'll be all over this when he gets back:)

Comment

Wonder how hard it would be to produce this at 2500mm?

Comment

Box size and shipping costs play a big part of the decision on how big to make certain planes.
                        Pat

Comment

Could do a 3 piece wing. Build it up like the p38, I could be done I suspect.

Comment

You all knew that ya can't keep me out of this one..............RIGHT Boots LOL

I just did post #852 of these 3 days ago over on the What's next Alpha thread.
                            Here's how the full size handled short landings starts at 30sec portion of video
                            Here's why a Bronco is the best "rough field" aircraft bar none as shown on the full size landing gear tests.

There's even a thread on RCG similar to this one started a little over 3 weeks ago called "The Hobby Needs A Large OV-10 Bronco" ;)
                            Couple of my best on file pics :Cool:

Start with the belly arms

Name:	ov10heavyarmament.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	117672

A little civilian fleet

Name:	Cal Fire Bronco Fleet.jpg
Views:	1000
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	117673

And lastly, the Main Event LOL

Name:	Nellis05-D2_OV-10_Bronco_01.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	117674

Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes! And do the landing gear with rear mounted sprung wheels like the full size

Comment

The gear are an ideal implementation of the trailing link gears already in use in the hobby.

I've been eyeballin the ones on the Yak-130 to use on my Scale Tech when/if I get of my duffer on a retract install.

Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Absolutely! Alpha we need this to happen brother, make it so!

Comment

Eye candy from the Arizona Electric Festival this past weekend to get Alpha motivated. ;)

This beauty was scratch-built by Wade Joos from Dan Palmer plans. It has a 96" wingspan, which equates to 1/5 scale.

Pat

Comment

Ah yes, yes indeed. Beautiful

Comment

My eyes just glaze over like I'm in a trance when I see the Palmer Bronco.
                                        Pat...........Been staring at those pics for 10 minutes now, especially the cockpit closeup one.:Drooling:
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                        X