You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Flightline make a North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the features I would want replicated on the Flightline Bronco is the “bulged” canopy. I don’t know how they would do that, as vacuforms won’t allow compound curves like that. What say you MRC???

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
      One of the features I would want replicated on the Flightline Bronco is the “bulged” canopy. I don’t know how they would do that, as vacuforms won’t allow compound curves like that. What say you MRC???
      An absolute requirement on the bulged canopy.;)
      Maybe homemade vacuforms can't do it but a piece of cake for any competent/capable plastic thermoforming industrial operation.
      Here's a couple examples from CDS in Cali:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	129430Click image for larger version

Name:	A1.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	129431
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Alpha will find a way. ;)
        Pat

Comment

^Yes!

Comment

Just checking in Alpha since I desperately need another ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yes!

Comment

I’ll buy one...
                Uh oh. This doesn't seem to be a thing...

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                  Just checking in Alpha since I desperately need another ;)
                  There is my hero!

Comment

If ever there was a plane that is produced by "Popular Demand" this would be the plane.

Comment

Dang right! Very popular!

Comment

I agree!

Comment

And they were designed, test flown and built in Columbus Ohio. That’s also where the B-1 Lancer started. Just a little history.

Comment

Mad Baron, where was that photo taken? I’ll add myself to the list of people wanting this plane. Just take the power system from the Tigercat. Would like the slim nosed version D+. And while you’re at it, how about another larger Mosquito? It would appease the European market by producing something non American and its an awesome airplane.every model produced was either huge or tiny and made of beer cooler foam/fragile. I know FW made a smaller one but I missed the bandwagon on that one. Maybe a 1700mm sized one like the OV10 you’re getting ready to release!

Now, back to the OV10 fan club commercial.

Comment

I took the picture at the USAF museum at Wright Patterson AFB this week along with other pics I posted on the Hangar page

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                We make bulged canopies regularly in our shop at work, F-16 and others. Easy to do. Simply use a female vac form mold instead of a male. Not hard to wiggle them out. The OV-10 canopy is a little tougher but I think it would work.

Comment

The Broncos big greenhouse is definitely the focal point. With this planes square design, it’s as long as it is wide, even a 1500mm would be a large model. How cool would variable pitch automatic propellors that allowed reverse be! :Drooling:

Comment

Expensive lol! Also why I felt like 1600 would be plenty of plane with this model, and no doubt super smooth in flight!:Cool:

Comment

A very unique, purpose built aircraft. These rare types of birds really need to be honoured. It may seem odd to some, but like so many other planes, they become addictive!!! The Catalina was an odd bird too, but lots of people love seeing it in the air...

Comment

Cool:And for the record, I would be plaeased as punch when this thing hits the drawing board, make it an ARF, sheet covering with .5 oz glass cloth, including retracts, servos, and optional decal pkg!
                                        If you’re gonna do it, I know it will get done right - OV-10 would want it that way!

Comment

Revive this thread....

Comment

Working...
                                          X