X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite 1200mm Clipped Wing Cub

Can't believe there's not a thread here for this yet seeing as Motion stocks them. I got to test fly one of these last month at the Arizona Electric Festival thanks to my friend John, Justwingit. It flew great and was capable of pretty crisp aerobatics, and the roll rate really surprised me.

I'm not a big Cub fan, I'm more into military jets and warbirds. But last year a bunch of guys from my club started doing sailboats and racers, and we fly on Saturday and boat on Sunday. Now we are getting out the float flyers, so I decided to pick one of these up from Motion. I had to order the floats from Horizon though as MRC does not carry them (hint, hint MRC ;)). They are the old floats from the Hobbyzone Super Cub, and fit perfectly. The Clipped Wing Cub kit even comes with the mounting wires for the floats as the Super Cub ones don't quite fit right, and they plug right into the floats.

I plan to maiden mine on Sunday the 25th as I'm headed out of town for work this Sunday. But having already flown this plane before I expect no issues. Going to use a 3S 2200.

Here's a vid of me flying it at the Electric Festival last month.

Pat

Looking forward to hearing the maiden report on floats....should be the first :Cool:!

Comment

Pics and video from today. Total of three flights including the maiden.

Pat

Comment

I am on the edge about whether to purchase the CWC or the Valiant. I have not had a chance to fly either airplane. I love doing touch and go's, which I enjoy when I am flying a actual airplane, but I do want some more aerobatic capability. My FMS Super EZ has been a great trainer and is built like a tank, but now I am ready to progress with my flying skills. What are your thoughts about which aircraft I should purchase? As a point of reference, this will be my third RC airplane purchase.

Those darn birds just seem to fly around like they own the sky and want stay in any pattern.:)

Comment

I have only flown the CWC and not the Valiant, so I can offer no comparison. But over on RCGroups folks have been talking about both, and both seem to be excellent flyers. If you want something scale, go with the CWC.
          Pat

Comment

Ive put a dz flights on my CWC and absolutely love it. Fly it with the Admiral 3c 2200 and has plenty of power. Maiden was hands off, no trim needed. Highly recommended it. Ive since purchased the hobby zone super cub floats, fit perfect. Have not flown it off water yet, anxiously awaiting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	138060
              Attached Files

Comment

I really love flying my E-flight clipped wing Cub...……...I highly recommend this plane. It looks terrific

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                  Ive put a dz flights on my CWC and absolutely love it. Fly it with the Admiral 3c 2200 and has plenty of power. Maiden was hands off, no trim needed. Highly recommended it. Ive since purchased the hobby zone super cub floats, fit perfect. Have not flown it off water yet, anxiously awaiting.
                  Buy a can of Rustoleum 2X Marigold and pint the floats, then seal them with polycrylic!
                  Pat

Comment

That was my before pic, i recently painted them gloss black. If it would ever quit raining here in ohio, im headed to the lake for its water maiden.

Comment

I have both the Valiant and the CWC and really enjoy them both. I think either one would do very well for you. Both are very aerobatic, both will do well off the water. Just really comes down to which do you like better? I fly my CWC with a 2500 3S battery, and no extra weight required to reach CG, and set my timer to 6 minutes with mixed flying. It will go longer if you are just cruising. I really like the suspension on the CWC, but I hear it won't take hard landings. I have not had any issues with it, and I almost always fly off close cropped grass fields. You will have a winner whichever one you pick!

Comment

Ive put a dz flights on mine in the last 2 days, cant get enough of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X