X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacewalker

I really like the look of this plane and would like to buy it, but I fly off a grass field and don't really think the landing gear will handle it. Has anyone done any landing gear mods on this plane?

Depends on the size of your plane and the wheels. I had a 1/3 Sig Spacewalker that loved the grass. I know that is a big boy but really any 3 inch or larger wheel does good on reasonable cut grass. Taildraggers love grass takeoffs. Good luck with your Spacewalker.
    Rob

Comment

Rhomco Thanks for posting for the first time, it appears you've been a member for the past 2.5 years?

bob_stan Which Spacewalker are you looking at? Is it Freewing's foamy PNP, or Phoenix's .46 balsa, or something else? Wheel pants always increase rolling resistance through grass, no matter what scale. To minimize potential issues, check your grass conditions and ensure the grass doesn't reach the bottom of the wheel pants.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Plane is a sweet flyer lands a bit fast some what like a war bird .She likes grass if it’s mowed.I added black squares just because I’m retired and had a little extra time on my hands .Way to windy to fly
        Attached Files

Comment

​ Few more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X