X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather tools and flight restrictions

Have not seen any weather discussions on here, so I thought I would pass along some useful info.
    For wind forecast and current winds - iPad and iPhone users download the app “Windy”. Also anyone can use the NOAA pilot weather planning tools

It has come a long way from the old coded text days and has more than enough weather info to help you plan future flying days. Also TFR and other flight restrictions are on that site - may be applicable to your vicinity. I’m required to check all of that before any flight, but it might also save some of us an interview with guys in Brooks Brothers Suits and dark glasses.
    :)
    Probably should have put his in Miscellaneous Topics, Admin. Feel free to move.

I use Windy, Windfinder and if you put "wind report in XXXXXXXXX" (your city) into a google search, you'll get a real neat little 8 day chart that shows wind, precip and temp in 3 hour increments. It's a part of the weather.com site but the chart only shows up on a google search. These can be viewed on your PC or phone. I always look a few days in advance so I can plan my flying days. The information from the day before is usually pretty good. Average out info from all those sites and you've got a really good sense of what's about to happen.
    Last edited by xviper; May 23, 2018, 12:05 PM. Reason: clarify search engine used

Comment

Working...
    X