X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: FMS Stuka anyone?

Hey welcome BuckshotRC, great to have you on the forum!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

i had and loved the 1400 fms stuka.....flew great first 10 flights next.......flying med throttle setting up for a large turn ....i hear a loud clunk ...all surfaces and motor lock up and spins into earth from 2 mistakes high....called distributor.....no help......i enjoy dealing with motion...but fms is iffy !

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
        I have had 2 FMS Stukas...LOVE that warbird.  Personally I think it has the highest scale fidelity of all their warbird line.  So easy to takeoff and land, so graceful (yet menacing especially with those tank busters!) in the air.  I wish they would come out with a 1700mm size but I don't think there's a strong enough market for it.

If you get one, just make sure you get the aileron and flap deflection to match the angle of the trailing edge of the wing or all kinds of non-intended fun can occur on takeoff.  Just ask me how I know.  

:P

Nothing but good things to say and good memories of that bird.  Sold it to fund another project but it's one of those warbirds I keep thinking about and wishing I never sold.  :)

Gorgeous plane. May have to look at it. Is it the same size as the 800 mm FMS.

Oh, hello everyone. New to this forum. Have bought from Motion before. They have always been great.

I kept trying to register for this forum, but would always fail saying "Captcha incorrect". No matter how many times I filled it in correctly. I would end up browsing as guest, but unable to use all of the features.

I finally figured out that it was a problem with my iPad. And it not filling the captcha correctly. Others may be having similar issues. Unable to register.

After trying on a PC, it worked. But I kept forgetting about doing it, until I would come back to read on this forum, which is great!

Thomas

Comment

Welcome Thomas...Yes we have been working on making the Captcha process smoother. Interesting that it was your ipad that was the issue. I will let management know.

It's not the size of the 800mm, it's a 1400mm warbird so much larger.

Happy Landings!
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC
            Welcome Thomas...Yes we have been working on making the Captcha process smoother.  Interesting that it was your ipad that was the issue.  I will let management know.

It's not the size of the 800mm, it's a 1400mm warbird so much larger.

Happy Landings!
            Oh, wow. 1400! I have the 800. A friend that I know used to fly the 800, then he upgraded to the 1400. But it was the T28. I got to see him fly it for the first time. Pretty cool.

Right now I really want the Dynam SR22. Or, any cool SR22 that's not too big.

Comment

my tsuka, had a brown out,....but a new one due tomorrow along with a e flite p51 with asx reciever....cant wait , next in line will be the freewing SBD Dauntless

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYAZc-elrQ
                Und hew mite like to check dis video! Mien friend Hans is flying

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

have not flown the STUKA YEt....took the e flite p-51 out for maiden today myself...(only been back flying for 5 weeks after 6 year layoff)....and the P-51 is a superstar

Comment

I received the FMS Stuka for Christmas 2013 and have too many flights to count. Read the RCG thread for pre-flight cautions and warnings (e.g.; check aileron hinges for adhesion, weak prop blade bolts, etc.). Once set up properly, the plane flies very easily but can tip stall quickly when turning too slow...just add a bit of throttle and elevator in your turns and you'll be fine. The flaps work extremely well and slow the -87  down nicely. I widened my wheel pant interior slightly and squeezed a pair of FMS P-51 three inch wheels in there....made a good plane better.  I have found my model lands much better on grass than pavement and I have not had too much luck with landing with the 37mm tank busters installed.  No regrets and an excellent Luftwaffe representative in my warbird collection.
                    Attached Files
                    GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

Remade my Junkers after misjudging a gap between trees. Afrika scheme....it turned better than expected.
                      GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

Working...
                      X