You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any truth to the rumor of a 1600 Me 109 in the offing?....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any truth to the rumor of a 1600 Me 109 in the offing?....

Been hearing this for awhile.....hope it’s true!!

No idea. I'd buy it, though. The 1600mm Spitfire and P-38 are good planes. Just need to keep them coming out with new ones.

Comment

Agreed, I really like the 1600mm factor planes. Great size for transport and storage. And fly excellent

Comment

I'm with you all!
        A 1600 mm Me 109E!!
        GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

I haven’t heard this rumor. That would be so cool if true.

Comment

No facts to back it up. Dave, but we all can only hope.
            I did get a response months ago from Alpha when I was pushing for an ME 109E or a Buchon, it didn't sound encouraging. If the Durafly (?) Me 109E had been even a 1400mm I'd have bought it, but...………

Click image for larger version  Name:	47358.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	142799

A Buchon in case you didn't know..

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

My Durafly BF 109....great little airplane but needs to be bigger......

Comment

There's truth to the rumor that there is a rumor….

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

It would be great to see a new Bf-109 preferably the G5+ or K-4 variant. They were a lot cleaner and more streamlined than the Emil model which would be ideal for RC flying.
                  The G5 on variants had enlarged tails that improved handling.

BF-109 G-10
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	bf109g10u432mr_6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	143646

Comment

I think I remember Alpha stating in a recent "RC After Hours" interview that German planes are a "crap shoot". I believe he was referring to sales. I too would pick up a 1600 mm 109 in a heartbeat! I have the Dura fly Emil, ( yet to be maidened) :-)
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Now that they're in the EU, maybe they'll do some Euro planes, like the Me, the FW or the Hurricane. I'd buy them all. Love the 1600's. Except for the Tigercat. That plane just doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

Well, that's ok, I love mine, but each to their own. I agree that the ME, FW, or Hurricane would definitely grace my hangar if offered in 1600mm

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                          Now that they're in the EU, maybe they'll do some Euro planes, like the Me, the FW or the Hurricane. I'd buy them all. Love the 1600's. Except for the Tigercat. That plane just doesn't do anything for me.
                          I was thinking of the same thing the other day now that MRC now has a foot in the European market. I am hoping to not only see some more German warbirds but some modern EDFs as well like a Rafale, Tornado and maybe a Swedish jet or two.
                          By the way I have grown to respect the Tigercat after having flown many sorties with it simulators like War Thunder. It has always performed admirably and it has never let me down unlike some prettier planes like the P-51.
                          If I had to pick a twin engine fighter to go into battle the Tigercat would be my top choice. Even the the mighty P-38 isn't as maneuverable and doesn't pack as much firepower as the Tigercats four 20mm cannons plus Four 12.7 mm for good measure.
                          I am one of those people that will judge a car or plane more for how well they perform than looks alone. When you are in the heat of battle you need something you can depend on getting the job done and getting you back. LOL

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Working...
                            X