X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix 60cc 94.4" JU-87 Stuka

I've been waiting for this model in this scheme in a large EP-accessible format for years...Looks fantastic! Tower says it will be available late August. Anyone have any intel on it? I always loved my little FMS version but grew tired of waiting for them to make it in a 2000mm size, and I also had a wood ESM version...Both flew great and I suspect this one will be no different.

Looks like it will just need a 3 blade prop, scale pilot(s) and weathering to really set it off. I will be going the electric route. Would love to hear anyone's recommendations if they are thinking of picking this up and going electric.

Tower's Page:

Tower Hobbies carries an expansive collection of RC cars, RC airplanes, RC boats, model trains, sot cars, and supplies for all hobbyists.

Phoenix's Page:

Videos:

Click image for larger version  Name:	PH183-STUKA_Ju87_Main.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	144215
    Attached Files
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Very cool

Comment

Yeah it should be really sweet...The thing about the Stuka, it's terrifically bad ass looking yet flies like a total *****cat. Even though it's a taildragger, landings are a piece of cake due to it's wide span wing and forward raking gear. I am really looking forward to this one. Phoenix makes decent balsa scale warbirds. I had their mid-size Corsair...Flew great. Gear was junky but the plane itself was nice.
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Indeed about like their spitfire I have

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
          Indeed about like their spitfire I have
          The Phoenix Spitfire flies SWEET and the gear is pretty decent too. ;)
          I'll be watching you Todd on this one. I would like to have this one too just because it IS badass and you don't need to spend $4-7K on retracts.:)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hey Aros you’re going to have to get into Alpha’s head and get us something like this done. I’m hoping for 1200 mm size range but no more than 1400mm size class.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
              Hey Aros you’re going to have to get into Alpha’s head and get us something like this done. I’m hoping for 1200 mm size range but no more than 1400mm size class.
              C'mon FF........your from the land of BIG. ;) and FL has been kickin arse in the 1600mm range. I'll take a foamy 1600 Stuka too please. :)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

C'mon FF........your from the land of BIG. ;) and FL has been kickin arse in the 1600mm range. I'll take a foamy 1600 Stuka too please. :)
                I understand the reasons for some to be drawn to the bigger size but dang around $600 for a plane and a couple of batteries I just can’t do that. Yes I live in the land of Bigger in Texas and y’all don’t forget it. :)

Comment

Lol yes! I just been buying batteries that can fit multiple planes. So far it's been working out pretty well.:Cool: so I could go either way and be happy. I would say go both sizes just as you done with the spitfire and everyone wins! :)

Comment

I'm trying to move to planes that can fly on 3S 2200/4400, 6S 2200/4400, 9S 2200/4400, 12S 4400.
                    Then just buying 3S 2200 packs and the series + parallel adapters will work. (8 * 3S 2200 in 4 series 2 parallel = 12S 4400)

Buying a set of packs for a 12S model that can only fit that model + the assorted other packs for assorted other sizes is expensive.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Exactly!!

Comment

I totally get the reasoning to keep them smaller for battery ubiquity and pocket book health but I just LOVE giant scale warbirds. LOVE! My bank account doesn't of course, my wife, for SURE doesn't, but I gotta sacrifice for the thrill of piloting the bigger birds. The rush can't be beat, piloting a giant scale warbird, versus a much smaller model. But again, I totally get it from an expense perspective. I can just eat Top Roman for a month.

LOL
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Get the big bird... fine.

An appropriate power system for the Stuka probably wants 8S to 10S, 4000mah to 5000 mah.

I'm suggesting:

Drop in 6X 3S 2200 mah, 3 packs series X 2 parallel for 9S 4400 mah.

You need more packs than if you are flying just smaller planes, but have the flexibility to use the same packs for a lot of flying with smaller planes.

Same packs for Dynam planes that call for 3S 2000 mah, FMS Firefly, 80 inch Top Flite B-25 (4 packs per side in configuration for 6S 4400 mah ) FMS F-14 (same setup as the B-25, but tighter fit)
                          Soon I'll also be doing the 6S 4400 configuration in a Sig King Kobra...

No more big 6000 mah packs that only fit one model.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

That will be a great bird Aros. A fan of the Stuka as well. Had the ESM B model.

Powering the big birds can add up. In my 1/3 scale 110" ws Fokker D-VIII, I'm using 4ea. 6S 5000mah packs. 2 in series and 2 in parallel for a 12S 10000mah system. With the D-VIII, it needs a lot of nose weight. So some of it might as well add extra flight time. Those same 6S packs are used in several other birds, so I had them anyway. The harness for the 2S, 2P is enough to deal with. I can't imagine trying to do the same thing with eight 3S packs.

Comment

Yeah, it certainly does add up. Looks like Tower's recommended electric setup is 12S, 5000-6000 mAh, 120-160A ESC on a Rimfire 65cc brushless or equivalent. Makes sense for a flying weight around 24 pounds. Momma!
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

That will be fun!

Comment

Its nice to see a large wood DB instead of fighter aircraft!

Comment

Man that motor is like 160kV! Yowza!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

It sure is a monster

Comment

I am so looking forward to this model. So much potential. I will probably go with varioPROP for the 3 blades like I did with the ESM. Incredible German engineering and I love the ability to change pitch if I need to. If you haven't flown a Stuka, do yourself a treat and find one, any size, and you will quickly fall in love with it like I have.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                        X