X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam Pitts Model 12 Thread

I did a search prior to starting this thread. No Hits.

This is for builders/flyers of the Dynam Pitts Model 12 Bi-plane.
    I have started my red build.

I am painting the cockpit area flat black for appearance. May tint the canopy. Giving the plane a coat of minwax. I plan on opening the area between the cylinders and may add some 1/16 silver tape to the pushrod tubes. The firewall behind has been painted flat black.
    I also understand that I need to C/A the aileron linkage attach points, and use some hinge tape. Locktite the motor mount screws. Balance prop. I plan on fitting 2.5 inch wheels for grass which will require me to loose the wheel pants, or modify them, I like how they look.
    Oh, Check the speed control, and re-initialize.

My horizontal stab is warped or cupped so I'll see how she flys with that issue.

Am I missing anything?

RE: Dynam Pitts Model 12 Thread

I got the plane done and flown 6 times.
    I ended up using some parkzone BF109 wheels I had laying around. I also did not use the spinner that came with since the hole appeared to be off-center and didn't want any vibration issues. The stock prop also appeared to be balanced pretty well so I used it unmodified. I used a bullet style prop nut, that I think looks pretty good.
    The only thing that I'm disappointed about on this plane is the warping / cupping of the ailerons on the lower wing. The top wing is fine with no issues. I contacted Motion and they recommended I try using some heat to straighten. I honestly don't think it will help due to the extent of the spanwise warp, and cordwise cupping. Have never seen anything this bad over probably 15 foam planes. It doesn't seem to effect how it flys, just looks bad. If I can't get the ailerons straightened out, I may roll the dice and buy a new lower wing.  
    The plane flys great and is a ball. I get about 5 minutes on the admiral 4S 2200 slid al the way forward. 3.8V / cell at landing is great since they are ready for storage.

Comment

Great looking plane! I can't really see the warps/cupping from the pictures, and if it flies well, I would probably leave it alone, but that is just me. Heck, no one is ever around to really see me fly anyway, so as long as I enjoy the plane, I am not too concerned about the appearance. Enjoy!! Biplanes are just a blast to fly.

Comment

It looks gorgeous at least from here...! Is that the stock paint job?
        Lauren

Comment

That is a good looking plane! I am curious as to if the lower control surfaces were made like that. Are both sides of the wing exactly the same?
          Flight Risk (Sean)
          AMA # 986105

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
            It looks gorgeous at least from here...! Is that the stock paint job?
            Yes it is, with 2 coats of polycrylic.

The ailerons could be designed that way, I may just leave it alone and fly it.

Comment

Flights 7 thru 10 tonight. Love the way this plane flies and looks in the sky!!!

Comment

What are your control surfaces throws?

I have a hard time believing the manual. The ailerons won’t go as far as it says and the elevator and rudder could throw a ton. I’m looking for some duel rate suggestions. Motion RC video talked a little about the elevator and rudder but not ailerons.

Comment

Will this plane be available again? It is out of stock everywhere, I was wondering if it is still being produced.

Comment

What's the top speed on the Dynam pitts model 12 i know its not really designed with speed in mind but still curious

Comment

I think this is good!

Comment

Working...
                      X