X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Corridor

Greetings all. I'm sure that some of you have noted in some of my posts that the reason I prefer the smaller and less exspensive planes is because I fly "The Corridor". Well here's some pix I got yesterday, and will add more later.

Kinda similar to the filed I fly my durafly trojan. I call this field "The Bowl". this field is ~20 minutes from my house and I can actually swing by it in the morning before work on occasion. I comfortably flew my 1.4m fms stuka here as well before I sold it off.

All my 70mm jets and larger planes I drive out about an hour to my club with a 800' runway and wide open flying field.

Comment

Talk about "shooting the gap"! I've had to fly in some narrow spaces, but those fields of yours would tire me out after a few weekends. Good on you for soldiering through!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        Talk about "shooting the gap"! I've had to fly in some narrow spaces, but those fields of yours would tire me out after a few weekends. Good on you for soldiering through!
        That's why I like 70 mm or less EDFs.

Comment

Very good point on that one for sure

Comment

The one main thing that messes up that filed is that darn tree line that is way too close to the strip. But other than that it has a really nice paved runway.
            Its ironic how some people shy away from certain models because they are not ideal for grass strips regardless of how open the area might be that they fly at.
            I do understand that the average larger fast EDF might not be ideal to fly at that field but maybe a different kind of EDF with more lift and a wide flight envelop might be ideal.
            Two such jets come to mind the new F-22 and the AJS-37 Viggen. Check out how this Viggen build flies. It can fly slow or fast just fine regardless of the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post
              The one main thing that messes up that filed is that darn tree line that is way too close to the strip. But other than that it has a really nice paved runway.
              Its ironic how some people shy away from certain models because they are not ideal for grass strips regardless of how open the area might be that they fly at.
              I do understand that the average larger fast EDF might not be ideal to fly at that field but maybe a different kind of EDF with more lift and a wide flight envelop might be ideal.
              Two such jets come to mind the new F-22 and the AJS-37 Viggen. Check out how this Viggen build flies. It can fly slow or fast just fine regardless of the size.

Pt1: But I have flown the Viggen's child, the Grippen, as well as the old FMS F4D. Unfortunately, as you stated, I am plagued in a similar fashion to Charlie Brown. The difference is the trees consume planes, not kites, And that treeline you observed has a near duplicate about 50' behind where I took the picture.
              Mini JAS 39 Gripen V2 w/ Gyro RC EDF Jet from BananaHobby.com. Shop our selection of EDF Jets to find your including the Mini JAS 39 Gripen V2 w/ Gyro Radio Controlled EDF Jet and other quality Foam Jets

Comment

Originally posted by Evoman View Post

Pt2: However, I have been most successful when it comes to EDFs with the BAE Hawk/T-45, in both the Skyangel 50 mm and Tien Shen 70 mm sizes.

Comment

Working...
                X