X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee Bee Float Plane

Gee Bee Float Plane, why not? My hobby budget has been down this year, but we have a float fly coming up in October that I really wanted to go to. I looked around at my planes and saw the Gee Bee, one of my old favorites, and my first low wing plane. So I set out to make a plane for the float fly. After doing some research, I ordered some Dynam Beaver Floats and put this together in about 3 days. I think it looks sharp, but I can’t wait to see how it flies. Wish me luck!

Welcome Johnny! That is really nice looking I wouldn't mind having one myself. Great job and I wish you luck on the maiden.:Cool:

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Looks good, Johnny! The floats appear fairly far aft, so there might be a hop off the water instead of a smoother flat rotation, but I hope I'm wrong. The model looks great and I applaud your ingenuity! Modeling on a budget can sometimes be the most rewarding.

Let us know how it goes!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Actually, looking at it again you should be fine with the positioning, as long as the stern floats level during acceleration. Have you test floated it and test taxied it yet?
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Not yet. I did some research online for all the positioning, I hope they were right, this is all new to me. I plan on getting her on the water very soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Welcome! Love it!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thats a first, never seen a GeeBee on floats. Looks awesome. Have one myself, love to fly it, but have 2 other float planes. Interesting idea though. Hope it flies well.

Comment

So how did it perform w the floats?

Comment

Working...
                    X