X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS A6M5 Zero (PNP) Flap System Settings

Anyone have any suggestions on flap system settings for the FMS A6M5 Zero?
    I’m using a DX6e radio. I think I just burned the flap servos out trying to set them up in the radio.
    There is no mention of the flaps at all in the manual.

Hi SteveO, to be honest I didn't use flaps on the FMS 1400mm Zero because I found that the model landed how I preferred without flaps. I initially set the flaps for very shallow deflection, about 10 degrees. But honestly it was more for looks.

A tip when setting up flaps, especially split flaps, is to disconnect the linkage. The reason is because it eliminates the risk of pushing the flap up into the inner cavity of the wing, which may burn a servo before the user is able to reverse the direction.

Good luck with your Zero, you'll love how it flies! Use minimal throttle and full up elevator to pin the tail to the ground while taxiing --this will improve the ground handling authority of that small tail wheel.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank you! I was actually thinking about disabling the flaps altogether anyway. The runway we have at my club you can actually land a real plane on:) And yes! I typically do use full up elevator when taxing those crazy warbirds :)

Comment

Working...
      X