X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing b-17

So I've got a freewing 63" b-17 and the props that they sell for it I swear they are made outta glass, so I was wondering what other types of props have others used and what blade variations as well being 2 or 4 have you had luck with as now they dont seem to be readily available anywhere. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I’ve been using MAS 9 x 7 x 3 blades on mine.

9x7 - 3-Blade Propellers for Model R/C Airplanes   3 blade model airplane propellers specially developed for the most demanding hobby professionals. Great performance and scale look both for electric motors and glow engines. Carefully crafted from Glass Fiber Reinforced Composite. Available in sizes 5" to 16". Propelle

Available in left and right.
    Those fit on ParkZone Stinson collets and spinners.

The motor shafts were trimmed shorter to fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EF270015-07C6-4176-A7F7-B161BF9BF272.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	157450

Comment

Thank you for the advice I checked into those and they were a little too big I dont have room for anything bigger then a 7.5 diameter prop and that's so close to the fuselage that it's not funny but I did order a set of master airscrew 7x4 3 bladed props and will post on how they work out I tried finding 7x6x3 but they didnt have both cw and ccw blades and that's why I went to the 7x4x3 they had so wish me luck!

Comment

Careful, That isn't a freewing B-17 in the picture. That is the much bigger Sonic Modells. Props are different.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Hey Ya'll, Is there an "Official Freewing B-17 Forum" here? Still looking to buy one, but want to read about it. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I dont know of a official site so to speak but as I own two of them I can tell you pretty much what you might want to know if you like.

Comment

F17, I appreciate that and welcome to "The Squawk!" I pulled the trigger and 'Pre-ordered' one about 4 minutes ago. Project Foil be d@##ed. LOL Though I figure if 'Foil' is cool I will need it. Best, LB

ps: I will stay in touch with any issues. Never had a 'multi' and looking forward to it.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Who did you get it through motion rc right now has the cheapest I've ever seen at 219.00 for complete plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Fsierman17 View Post
                  Who did you get it through motion rc right now has the cheapest I've ever seen at 219.00 for the complete plane.
                  F17, Yeppers, could not pass on that! Looks like it is the last time it will be offered, however. I do have a Q, are you flying with the OEM props or have you found a good replacement? Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Ok so I have both the originals are great lots of pull on the low end but they are so brittle it's not even funny but they can be superglued with no issues but on the other end I also have used master airscrew that are the same except they only offer 8x6x3 that are cc ccw that will work and for those you have to trim them a 1/4 on an inch otherwise they will hit fuselage but they are the same on startup but in mid power they are less then the OE ones but at full throttle they definately have way more push so you kinda have to decide on max lift or top airspeed but the master airscrew ones are definatley more bullet proof and make sure your CG is right on or a tad nose heavy tail heavy for this plane is not good at all.

Comment

And if your looking for OE props for this plane general hobby right now seems to have the best price and stock for those everyone else is out of stock.

Comment

F17, I thank you. I am a long way from initial flight check. I will stay in touch, though this will be a labor of love and I will definitely be stripping and painting her. My Dad flew these with the 8th/13th and I had built several in plastic as a kid but this one is for me. Always liked the look of this bomber versus the B-24 or even the B-25. Might go G-model as this appears to be a G. I need to look up the variants. Glad your here to assist. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I agree on the MAS props. They make great props and they know their stuff. Not sure why we don't carry MAS props because they are well made - also made in the USA like APC.
                          As Elbee said, this is indeed the last time the B-17 will be offered. Freewing had some foam ARF left in stock and they added motors, servos, and the ESC to turn them into a PNP. As of right now, there are only 7 left unsold. At the current rate people are snapping them up, I don't expect they will last 24 more hours.

Comment

T.MRC, Just sayin' thanks for offering these. Solved myriad nights awake wondering why there wasn't one available anywhere by anyone. I know I am rather late to the party, but glad you're here. Best always to you and yours, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

F17, Yeppers, could not pass on that! Looks like it is the last time it will be offered, however. I do have a Q, are you flying with the OEM props or have you found a good replacement? Best, LB
                              I've been flying mine for two years now, stock props and never an issue. The plane is a nice flyer, I take off and fly around a little over half throttle.

Comment

Dkwky, did you leave the finish stock? Got any pics? Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I left mine stock, I have the olive drab version. No pictures but I can take some if you'd like. When I did the maiden it wasn't planed. I did some taxi testing and then a high speed run at half throttle, everything felt right so I gave her some up elevator and I was flying. She's a sweetheart in the air. If I get out this weekend I'll try and get some video.

Comment

Dkwsky, :)That would be great, but only if you have the time and inclination. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                    X