Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden hour, setting sun, whispy clouds and a welcoming 650’ long, smooth runway as seen from inside a Spitfire cockpit with head-tracking FPV with functioning reflector sight. This is darn near RC heaven if there’s such a place at Orange County Modelers Association, Silverado, CA

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post
      Hey, TurbineFancy!

Would you be willing to reveal the equipment you use for your FPV vids? Especially the headtracking equip and the cameras. They look incredibly clear and focused. Really excellent stuff.
      Thanks Pikestaff,

Better late than never. I finally put the list together for any one who wants to fly head-tracking FPV like I do. It is as close to flying in a full scale plane as it gets!

DJI Digital FPV Goggles:
      DJI's Digital HD FPV Goggles V2 give the ultimate HD FPV experience, optimized for low latency flying such as racing and freestyle. This new V2 version has all the latest and greatest features from DJI.

DJI Digital FPV Air unit
      https://fpvdogfight.com/products/dji...it-by-caddxfpv

Motionsic BAG - BadAss Gimbal
      https://fpvdogfight.com/products/mot...-badass-gimbal

Head-tracker
      Pre-built head tracker (Version 2) running open-source firmware. Pre-calibrated and configured to Medlin Drone's current recommended settings. Each head tracker includes a $5.00 donation to Cliff(dlktdr) who made and supports the feature packed open-source firmware this head tracker uses.  This head tracker is 3-axis a

I like very smooth control inputs when flying FPV. And in a big jet like Freewing MiG-29, the “in cockpit” experience with head-tracking is so realistic! Go up high to enjoy a second sunset, look around and check out the mountain ranges. Then swoop down and do some lazy aerobatics, all the while runway can be in view with a simple head turn to keep orientation. So much fun it’s hard to describe

Comment

• I'm sure most of us are aware of the movie "Field of Dreams". For the most part, the movie was filmed in Dyersville, Iowa. I visited and flew at the Dyersville field yesterday. The attached video is of another pilot at the field flying his jet. Wonderful grass field and facilities!

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Cool Lon, was thinking about you yesterday, looks like everything is good!

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Cool Lon, was thinking about you yesterday, looks like everything is good!

Grossman56
            Thank you gman!! Hope all is well with you and family. Been awhile since seeing and flying with you.
            Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Would be great to do it again, but it's beyond our affordability right now with the gas prices. I hear CB is going to Nefi this year.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• I started flying at a different field - Trabuco Flyers - that is very challenging for line of sight flyers, with power lines on the opposite side of pilot station across the runway. But being at the bottom of a canyon, the field offers great elevation changes and thus visual interest for FPV flyer to explore. It was stressful for me to fly there at first. But once I know where all the obstacles are and learn to fly around them, I have grown to love it!

Here’s a tour from immersive cockpit perspective:

Comment

• Here's a recent video one of my fellow club members took. Location is Aerohawks Field, Iowa City, Iowa. Thank you Rich for the video of me flying my HSD HME-262.

Lon

Comment

• East Fork Lake Batavia Ohio
                    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• I had forgot about this video from years back, flying my Freewing A-10. I still fly this plane a lot. It's from the very first lot of FW A-10s sold.
                      Enjoy the video link!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A-10 26 May 2 (800x533).jpg
Views:	331
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	366989

Lon

Comment

• Terry

Stevensville, MT (aka my backyard)

Anybody local wanting to fly let me know!

Comment

• Great weather and flying friends at the 2024 eJets Fest International.

Lon

Comment

• One of my favorite places to fly: a former Navy auxiliary field. Two runways - 7000 feet and 8000 feet.

Bob Click image for larger version

Name:	Crows Landing_2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	396895 Click image for larger version

Name:	Crows Landing_1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	396896 Click image for larger version

Name:	Crows Landing_3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	396897

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
                              One of my favorite places to fly: a former Navy auxiliary field. Two runways - 7000 feet and 8000 feet.

Outstanding! What a great place to fly. I'd at least have a 50/50 chance (instead of my normal 10% chance) of hitting that runway! Some guys have all the luck.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Ah just saw this new thread,,,, awsome,, gota get with the program( some pics soon) and me too hùgh the runway never big enuf for me

Comment

One of my favorite places to fly: a former Navy auxiliary field. Two runways - 7000 feet and 8000 feet.

Very cool! What did this field used to be, what was its name or location? It sorta looks like it was resurfaced at one time making a narrower runway. You can see decaying runway on either side that might have been part of a wider runway at one time. I know a lot of WWII era runways were built to 200 feet wide for formation takeoffs and other training maneuvers, etc. Very cool pic and I'm sure it is a great place to fly RC!

Cheers

Davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post

Very cool! What did this field used to be, what was its name or location? It sorta looks like it was resurfaced at one time making a narrower runway. You can see decaying runway on either side that might have been part of a wider runway at one time. I know a lot of WWII era runways were built to 200 feet wide for formation takeoffs and other training maneuvers, etc. Very cool pic and I'm sure it is a great place to fly RC!

Cheers

Davegee
                                    It is Crow's Landing around 20 miles from Modesto, California. It was an auxiliary Navy Field in it's previous life. It is a great place to fly but it can be very hot in the summertime. there are no facilities there. No creature comforts. It is a multi-use field and is shared with a number of entities such as police training and test grounds for various companies. Our club is lucky to have this available.

Bob

Comment

It is Crow's Landing around 20 miles from Modesto, California. It was an auxiliary Navy Field in it's previous life. It is a great place to fly but it can be very hot in the summertime. there are no facilities there. No creature comforts. It is a multi-use field and is shared with a number of entities such as police training and test grounds for various companies. Our club is lucky to have this available.

Bob
                                      Thanks, Bob. You have a real Jewel there for your flying! Happy landings!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240217_154134.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	397248 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240217_154125.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	397249 Flew 1600 spit tday so I thought to combine. Places u fly and what u flew tday.... An industrial estate I go to..
                                        Unfortunately they keep building...
                                        How dare they
                                        .... Anyway here's some pics.

And must say. The f4u. Looks incredible coming at u.. those bent wings.. but the spit. In turns looking at those eleptical wings.. every bit as sexy
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240217_154057.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	397247

Comment

Working...
                                        X