X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When jerks visit your flying field...

I guess the ATVer's in the area thought we needed extra ruts in the runway.

Thousands of acres of desert, and they have to do donuts on our runway.

I had other descriptive words for them, but I thought it best to keep the post "family friendly."

That happens in more places than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      That happens in more places than you think.
      ;) The last 2 years before I left the club the same happen to our runways. Little F:Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking:and :Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking::Not-Talking:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Some people have no respect for anything.

Comment

:Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face::( Not cool...

Comment

What kills me is you can see tons of open areas around the field and yet they decided to trash that one spot. Maybe a small wire fence (like a livestock fence) around the outer edges of the field would help deter this sort of behavior or at least indicate to people that the area is reserved for model flying. Hopefully it wont be too hard/costly to get the field back in order... good luck.

Comment

yup motorcycles have a whole area jumps and all adjacent to our field but at least once a year some genius decides the smooth grass looks like a better place to spin the knobby tire :o(
              rc flyin addict

Comment

A few months ago, we arrived at the field to find all kinds of donuts on our runway. The next time a bunch of people arrived, they saw this guy in a jacked up Jeep Wrangler. Everyone stopped, pulled out their cellphone cameras and started videoing. The dumbass panicked and took off, never to be seen again. We posted up a picture of his weird orange colored Jeep on the internet, too.
                Two years ago, we had a problem with a shingling company dumping their used shingles at our field. The guy who runs our club set up a hidden hunting camera in the trees and caught the numbnuts dumping again. With that and other evidence, they found the company and had them charged for illegal dumping and went to court. They were fined several thousands of dollars.

Comment

Of all the things in the world that are in short-supply, alas, there is no shortage of inconsiderate morons.

Comment

I think I've figured it out.

You're heard of Crop Circles, right?

Well, these are similar.

They're called Crap Circles, named after what the people who make them have for brains.

Comment

And some of them may also be aliens.

Comment

It would be nice if you could find out who they are and make them fix the mess they made.

Comment

In Arizona as well as Texas we definitely have more than our share of it... i told the guys id sit out there and wait on them and send them a care package right through their tires.

Comment

Several have assaulted our field despite the

1) SIGNS posted by Corp of Engineers every 100 ft.
                            2) Locked gate, which they avoided by going around the above.
                            3) Locked iron primary gates closed by th City LEO s at sunset, and again avoided by above.

And finally, On Christmas Eve morning, we heard a vehicle revving the engine, then tires squawking, chattering, a moment of silence, then a loud metallic impact with lots of crunching, then another long moment of silence followed by another impact...
                            one of the club members drove quickly over - about a mile away near the go cart track...
                            yup, some young moron wrecked his newish truck (probably daddy bought it) and girl friend outside the vehicle she was shaken and crying and he pretty much replied “Tuesday”, when asked how many fingers he was holding up. I counted 5 emergency vehicles driving in.

Let’s just remove all the warning labels and let Darwin sort it out.

Comment

You cant fix stupid!!

Comment

Better than when I was in my old town and the field my club used to fly on became an apartment complex.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                  Better than when I was in my old town and the field my club used to fly on became an apartment complex.
                                  They wouldn't let you continue flying from the roof?

Comment

It was that or the ocean and the tourists that would be living there probably wouldn't like it too much. :)

Comment

Well, maybe if they tried RC planes...

Comment

Lately, we've had people bring their dogs out to the field when we're not there and let them crap right in front of the tables, so lovely when you're carrying an airplane to the pit area and whoops, you step in it. We actually had to resort to signage telling people to clean up after their dogs, frigging maddening.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                        X