X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFlite Cherokee

Click image for larger version  Name:	2403DB4D-792D-434D-BBC4-12D137197BFC.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	171356 Did I mention I am proud of our parent company. Part of my holiday bonus showed up in the office today. Will probably just
    clear with Varthane.

I just love my Cherokee and probably going to get another one in the spring. My current one is too nice for regular flying duty after the repaint, so I will get a second one that I don't mind transporting, flying, and handling. Growing up around Cherokees, Warriors, and Arrows, the E-Flite Cherokee is a must-have plane for me and probably the plane I enjoy flying the most out of everything in my hanger.

E-Flite Cherokee N9058J Project by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

Comment

I got my decal kit from Callie for my Cherokee. Doing some touch up on the paint, then will add the final touches.

Comment

Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
        I just love my Cherokee and probably going to get another one in the spring. My current one is too nice for regular flying duty after the repaint, so I will get a second one that I don't mind transporting, flying, and handling. Growing up around Cherokees, Warriors, and Arrows, the E-Flite Cherokee is a must-have plane for me and probably the plane I enjoy flying the most out of everything in my hanger.

E-Flite Cherokee N9058J Project by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr
        Our family had access to our aero club planes as my dad retired from the USAF and instructed part time with the group. We took trips across country in a Cherokee 180 and the next year an Arrow III.! Big **** for a young teen in the 70’s, so yeah - I am a Piper fan for life and just lucky enough to represent the current product line as an Instructor. Super lucky I even get to fly those planes regularly...I lost count of how many variants of 5 basic models.

Comment

Got alittle time in a PA28/180

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
            Got alittle time in a PA28/180
            That is nicer than the ones I learned in, but I think at last audit I had around 2000 hours in those birds Click image for larger version

Name:	D030228C-3ADD-4A43-9E9A-322ED1CDE8CC.jpeg
Views:	757
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	171464

Comment

My first flight was in an Arrow when I was 3 years old, and spent most of my childhood flying around in my grandfather's 1978 and then his 1994 Arrow. My dad flew a Warrior and my uncle had a Cherokee 140. Being around PA28's was just normal when I was a kid. I logged a few hours in a Tomahawk, but didn't continue with getting my license. Starting building cars instead. Once I get done with my master's degree, I am hoping to get back into flying again. Until then, it the E-Flite Cherokee and Parkzone Archers. My grandfather passed away a few years ago and sold his Arrow the year before he passed away. The new owner keeps the plane in the same hanger and I have been able to fly in it a few times. I designed the paint scheme for it when I was in middle school and it still looks good today.

Comment

We only recently aquired the Cherokee. Most of my time was in the 7AC and J3, few hours in a 7EC and Decathlon.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0CF8C38D-F5E1-4BAC-BE35-704F9688C2A7.jpeg
Views:	891
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	171843Click image for larger version

Name:	46AA9026-F85D-4DEA-BFDA-E623E7BFDFDA.jpeg
Views:	795
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	171842 A club member got good video of the maiden. Up and down with only some light trimming both vertically and lateral. In fact I only flew the other 2 planes once before the noon winds rolled in. Soon as I get the video I will get ya the linky.
                  what a fun flier and The assembly /set up went perfect. Used a 3S 2600 mAh, 4 - 6 minute flights and each battery still had 50% charge. While my first nose gear plane all 3 soft touchdown and rollout with nose up.
                  Got her home a applied the Minwax Clear gloss Polycryllic. She is sharp now!

Comment

This just in...
                    this was the maiden landing and preflight shots.other club member is working on video now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

She flew great at 50% and SAFE on it is hands off and low rates. I think I flew like that for about a minute, then switched to high rates for another minute, then turn SAFE off. Flies about like the T-6. Put flaps at one notch and reduced power to 1/4 and it just settled into a nice approach attitude and speed.

Comment

Just began learning a bunch on the Real Flight 9 sim. Hope to buy my first plane in a month or so (when winter ends) and learn to fly at a nearby club. Owned a Cherokee 180 for10 years and wondering if this Cherokee would make a good first plane trainer? Was considering the Mini Apprentice, but this model really has some sentimental appeal.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by frjeff View Post
                          Just began learning a bunch on the Real Flight 9 sim. Hope to buy my first plane in a month or so (when winter ends) and learn to fly at a nearby club. Owned a Cherokee 180 for10 years and wondering if this Cherokee would make a good first plane trainer? Was considering the Mini Apprentice, but this model really has some sentimental appeal.
                          Thanks
                          The Apprentice is a great set of trainers, although our club Instructors have found the Scout is even more forgiving and easier to learn with. The Cherokee would be a great 2nd model as a step up after learning to comfortably fly solo.

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

The Apprentice is a great set of trainers, although our club Instructors have found the Scout is even more forgiving and easier to learn with. The Cherokee would be a great 2nd model as a step up after learning to comfortably fly solo.
                            Is that the AeroScout you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by frjeff View Post

Is that the AeroScout you are referring to?
                              Yup, that’s it!

Comment

Anyone know if the motor shaft on the eFlite motor for the Cherokee is replaceable? There's a set screw at the back that I loosened, but it doesn't seem the shaft wants to move easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                  Anyone know if the motor shaft on the eFlite motor for the Cherokee is replaceable? There's a set screw at the back that I loosened, but it doesn't seem the shaft wants to move easily.
                                  Homie, I have not removed an EFlite shaft but I have ‘reversed’ a few and they need a press to get the shaft relocated, even though the instructions will say use a hammer to tap the shaft. Vise is a much better option. I do have 2 motors that need a new shaft. I was going to let Byron at his hobby shop do the swap - he has a press and fittings all ready and has done many of them in just a few minutes while you wait...
                                  so bring one with ya and come fly in Feenix - I’ll buy lunch.

Comment

Sounds good. I really need to get out and fly!

I'm thinking I can repair the broken wing. I'll need a new carbon spar, but after that, the big challenge will be repairing the crushed nose. The crash bent the metal part of the motor mount, and broke the plastic frame it attaches to. While I was able to straighten the metal mount, I'm not sure the plastic frame will be repairable, or whether I'll be able to straighten the nose out sufficiently, as bad as it crushed. If it looks like it'll be too much to straighten, what I might try doing is just cutting off the nose forward of the nose wheel mount, and trying to build a new nose out of foam board, using what I've learned doing the Flite Test builds.

The worst that happens is, I decide it won't work, and I'm left with the option of dropping the $75 on a new fuselage, whenever they get back in stock.

The video of what happened to it is now posted in the Crash Contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                      Sounds good. I really need to get out and fly!

I'm thinking I can repair the broken wing. I'll need a new carbon spar, but after that, the big challenge will be repairing the crushed nose. The crash bent the metal part of the motor mount, and broke the plastic frame it attaches to. While I was able to straighten the metal mount, I'm not sure the plastic frame will be repairable, or whether I'll be able to straighten the nose out sufficiently, as bad as it crushed. If it looks like it'll be too much to straighten, what I might try doing is just cutting off the nose forward of the nose wheel mount, and trying to build a new nose out of foam board, using what I've learned doing the Flite Test builds.

The worst that happens is, I decide it won't work, and I'm left with the option of dropping the $75 on a new fuselage, whenever they get back in stock.

The video of what happened to it is now posted in the Crash Contest.
                                      FYI, I have a spare set of wings NIB. Vendor shipped new replacements immediately when I notified them of box damage and visible cosmetic defects during unwrap. Been lucky I have not needed them and the damaged to the originals actually expanded back to original shape after a few hot afternoons in Feenix..

Comment

If it was a fuselage, I'd definitely take you up on that. I need to play with the one wing that broke, and see if it's going to be as easy to repair as I think it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                        X