You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, Avios C-130's were up, now all gone. Unbelievable!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, Avios C-130's were up, now all gone. Unbelievable!

I just nabbed me one, Tried to buy two, now all sold out. Pretty remarkable really.

Woody

Maybe they had only one. LOL I've given up on their C-130, witnessing the supply fiasco and some of the initial idiosyncrasies and bad HK rep behavior on the other forum. Bought the Flightline Corsair instead (along with 3 other planes). Perhaps when summer comes and they have a "fire sale" on them, I'll reconsider. ;) Also waiting for their Albatros water bomber to see what kind of drama ensues with that one.

Comment

I'm not surprised. There was a lot of built up hype and demand for this plane. Not unlike a few planes from Motion that sold out on the first shipment in under a day. The real question is....how long before the 2nd shipment arrives? I say good for HK, they brought to market something that the public sure seems to want. I hope they can follow through, at least the parts and touch up paint are already on the shelves.
      Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
      R. A. Heinlein

Comment

I am glad I got mine on the first go around,it has its issue but honestly the actual surface finish,mouldings,detail....visually it is on par or better than my planes from Freewing.

now the electronics not so much,but it flies fantastic and the Fat Albert is beutiful in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Maybe they had only one. LOL I've given up on their C-130, witnessing the supply fiasco and some of the initial idiosyncrasies and bad HK rep behavior on the other forum. Bought the Flightline Corsair instead (along with 3 other planes). Perhaps when summer comes and they have a "fire sale" on them, I'll reconsider. ;) Also waiting for their Albatros water bomber to see what kind of drama ensues with that one.
          Ya know, I said I wouldn't buy one. I just couldn't resist. I flew these 6 years formally, and took random flights for years after that. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't had done it. I don't think it's reasonable to expect me to buy a Corsair, (even a really nice one) when I have (3) already. One I spent 6 months tinkering with, and making it look just the way I want. Yea it's a Dynam, not a Flightline, but I'm attached to it. So yea, maybe some day, maybe.

My plan was to get a grey one and a Blue Angels one. I had both when I selected them, then lost the Blue Angels one during my checkout process. It will be interesting to see how long to reload. I figure 2 or 3 months.

Best Regards
          Woody

Yes, Im going to have that Albatross too. All ready figuring out my plan to add retracts to it.

Comment

Don't know if anyone cares, but mine will look as similar as I can make it to this.

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
              Don't know if anyone cares, but mine will look as similar as I can make it to this.

Woody
              Yep like that scheme alot

Comment

Ya know, I said I wouldn't buy one. I just couldn't resist. I flew these 6 years formally, and took random flights for years after that. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't had done it. I don't think it's reasonable to expect me to buy a Corsair, (even a really nice one) when I have (3) already. One I spent 6 months tinkering with, and making it look just the way I want. Yea it's a Dynam, not a Flightline, but I'm attached to it. So yea, maybe some day, maybe.

My plan was to get a grey one and a Blue Angels one. I had both when I selected them, then lost the Blue Angels one during my checkout process. It will be interesting to see how long to reload. I figure 2 or 3 months.

Best Regards
                Woody

Yes, Im going to have that Albatross too. All ready figuring out my plan to add retracts to it.
                My experience with the C130 as a customer was sleeping on the loading ramp all the way from Midway Island to Hawaii.

Had my Dogbones on and my jacket as a blanket
                the drone from the 4 turbo props I was out like a cheap light bulb

Comment

Best Regards
                  Woody

I can't fault you for not resisting. I've always wanted a C-130 and one day, when I've crashed enough planes to make the space, I may knuckle under myself. I haven't spent more than $150.00 with HobbyKing for nearly a year. My last plane was the BushMule to replace my SkyMule and even that purchase was not without its drama and problems. I hated giving them the money but I have to admit, their customer service agent was superb and more than made up for all the ignorant stupidity of their online rep. If it wasn't for HobbyKing almost a decade ago, I would not have gotten back into RC. They really need to re-assess their people. Get rid of the ones who do dumb things and get some better PR people before they find themselves back in the dark ages.

Comment

To much money for a parkflyer

Comment

I'm still liking mine. I got in a couple of dozen flights before the weather turned cold and windy here. So far it has been trouble free and handles my clubs grass runway with ease. I hope spring comes early this year.

Comment

1600mm = Park Flyer, Seriously? To be honest my favorite place to fly is the park near my house, this is why I actually have so many park flyers. LOL

The honest truth, I can hardly stand HobbyKing, seriously! I love the Durifly Planes though, this will be my first Avios, maybe my last. Problem with those guys is they're just too d*mn big. Apparently I'm not the only former C-130 pilot that wanted one. It would seem they had a line of former C-130 pilots out the door to purchase these. Go figure. Well according to them.

Freewing and Flightline just haven't been making the planes that I really want. I think there is also a pretty big disconnect between life long model folks, and real life Aviation folks like myself. LOL

The helicopter folks at my favorite flying field refer to me as a Planey. Yup I have a special name because I like RC Planes, and really have no interest in helicopters. Honestly the first time they called me that, I just looked at them an said nothing. When on about my business and flew my planes. I never even mentioned I had over 10K hours in real helicopters. LOL Please trust me when I say if you had any experience with the real thing, would really not be interested in what they consider helicopters.

No one likes Corsairs more than I do. I got (3) of them. I love them. but they have mad a ton of planes after them. I like a lot of those too. P-51's , I grew up with them, hung out around a bunch of Reno air racers. I've washed them, and washed them, and washed them some more. I've polished, and polished. and polished them some more. I've flown in them. I was 16. I still haven't been able to bring myself to buy a model of one. LOL

I know more info than you needed. But I really wanted that C-130. I can't fly the real ones anymore, so this model is all I get to fly now. I love that plane. In all the hours and bad weather, frightening weather, I'm still here by the grace of god. My C-130's never let me or my friends down, even when it was getting rattled to the bone. I love them, always will.

Yes, I'll make sure I have room for a nice Flightline C-130 if they ever make one?? But until they do, I'll have these.

Best Regards
                        Woody

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                          To much money for a parkflyer
                          I don't know what your definition of park flyer is but I don't consider it a "park flyer". It's in the same category as the Flightline B-24. It'll fly at similar speeds, powered similarly, go just as far (ie, too far), a bit cheaper (simply because it's HobbyKing quality). So if you consider a B-24 a "park flyer", then OK, it's a park flyer, but then so are ALL the current Flightline prop planes.

Comment

Yes, I'll make sure I have room for a nice Flightline C-130 if they ever make one?? But until they do, I'll have these.

Best Regards
                            Woody
                            Alpha has already stated that they were working on a 2000mm C-130, but dropped it when they found out about the HK/AVIOS one.
                            Aparently they don't want to make the same mistake as what happened with them releasing the A-10 and Tigercats at the same time (or close to)as another manufacturer.

LURCH
                            P.S. I would rather a 2000mm one myself. But have pulled the trigger one the HK one.

Comment

Originally posted by taz101 View Post
                              Alpha has already stated that they were working on a 2000mm C-130, but dropped it when they found out about the HK/AVIOS one.
                              Aparently they don't want to make the same mistake as what happened with them releasing the A-10 and Tigercats at the same time (or close to)as another manufacturer.

LURCH
                              P.S. I would rather a 2000mm one myself. But have pulled the trigger one the HK one.
                              Conjecture comes in all different sizes, from all different ways. I think Alpha is a great guy, but he is like me in that he is a company man. I respect it, many of us have had to do it in our careers, so nuff said.

HK didn't cut Freewing any slack when they both came out with Spits about the same time. I look at facts when I make my assumptions, I veer away from fantasy and all sorts of hyper boil, as many with skin in the game are always bringing that sort of stuff.

Freewing & Flightline are not the all knowing and powerful of every thing in RC Airplanes. They make mistakes like every single other human based organization in this world. It is simply the nature of things. Flightline was caught flat footed on this one. I think virtually all of their inside players are eating a bit of a *hit sandwich on this one to be honest, and if there not they should be. They all thought no one would want it. They all thought it was simply another cult model.

Best Regards
                              Woody

So I pose you these questions. Which do you think would sell more? A new Super Scale "WWII Hellcat" RC Model, or a Super Scale "Lockheed Super Constellation" RC Model? Do you think Flightline would like to sell 1000 Models a week, or 100,000 models a week? To me the answer to both questions are obvious. I'm speaking to the industry insiders that lurk around us every day, are the answers to both questions obvious to you? I suspect not.

Comment

Got mine ordered just in time it seems. Already have Callie working on the decals. Will be doing one of the LC-130s we flew down in Antarctica. This particular plane was buried in the ice for many years before being dug out and flown off the continent for overhaul. The full story is in the link. It was our best flyer and stayed with us until we decommissioned in 99.

Comment

A couple pics of her..

Comment

Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                                    A couple pics of her..
                                    That's one beautiful looking bird man. Congratulations to all the C-130 lovers that managed to get one ordered. I know if I hadn't logged in when I did, I would have missed the boat. Anyone have any idea how long it took for them to sell out?

Woody

Comment

As much as I wanted the HK C-130 to make an AC-130 or USCG version, I have decided to cross it off my list of potential planes. I was following the thread and noticing a number of issues that have me cautious. I keep thinking which would I rather have for a 4 engine plane, the C-130 or the B-24. I keep going back to the B-24 with my answer. I will probably build a scale model C-130 and hang it up in my house instead of the RC C-130 hanging in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        I don't know what your definition of park flyer is but I don't consider it a "park flyer". It's in the same category as the Flightline B-24. It'll fly at similar speeds, powered similarly, go just as far (ie, too far), a bit cheaper (simply because it's HobbyKing quality). So if you consider a B-24 a "park flyer", then OK, it's a park flyer, but then so are ALL the current Flightline prop planes.
                                        Im talking about scale size , if the B-24 was the same scale as the Tigercat then it would be not a parkflyer

Comment

Working...
                                        X