Clear All

Thanks Mike, no rush.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
      Thanks Mike, no rush.
      Great because I'm dealing with a few builds and working on a plans for a kit with a friend. This being retired really keeps me busy.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Great because I'm dealing with a few builds and working on a plans for a kit with a friend. This being retired really keeps me busy.

Mike
        Haha, I hear ya. No worries, anytime is fine. Thanks

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Mike
          Ha, the old Pietenpol and what a loverly looking example too. What are the spec's on that bird?

The funny thing is, I actually have a HK Pietenpol (old sample from previous job) that I'm in the middle of converting to run on an OS 20FS, but I havn't worked on it for a while, so thanks for the inspiration, I might just pull it out again before the weekends up.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post

Ha, the old Pietenpol and what a loverly looking example too. What are the spec's on that bird?

The funny thing is, I actually have a HK Pietenpol (old sample from previous job) that I'm in the middle of converting to run on an OS 20FS, but I havn't worked on it for a while, so thanks for the inspiration, I might just pull it out again before the weekends up.

S.
            1/4 scale. Right now cutting 2 kits to build. The one pictured was a test build to check all the build specs to make sure it would fly right. Made a few changes and on to the next phase. Everything on the plane is fabricated in house landing gear , wheels and so on. Been a fun project. I'll do a build thread here on HS when I start the next one.

Mike

Comment

Very nice, yes please do post a thread, you intend to offer kits?

S.

Comment

:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

Beautiful bird there Mike! Looking forward to your next build (thread). :Cool:
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Very nice, yes please do post a thread, you intend to offer kits?

S.
                    Thanks for the compliments guys I will pass them along to Don.

That's the plan right now. The guy I'm working with is the designer and fabricator. I'm just the " we should do this or that" guy. He downloaded plans off the net and started cutting wood and fabricating all all the rest. Why because he was bored and looking for a challenge. I've got a bunch of video form the second day of test flights and am working on combining them into one video I'll post when I remember how to do it. Since this is a home-built there's a ton of variations out there so there is no "wrong" as far as scale. I'm learning so much from Don he's one very smart creative guy.

Mike

Comment

Great looking Air Camper! The Pat Trittle version was my first build when I got back into the hobby. Would be nice if the wire wheels were made available.

Comment

Wow, that is some model, even better seeing them 'naked' before the covering. Great craftsman ship, really, its an interesting build. When did you say it would fly?

S.

Comment

Wow, that is some model, even better seeing them 'naked' before the covering. Great craftsman ship, really, its an interesting build. When did you say it would fly?

S.
                          Already did 2 test rounds. After the 1st we made a motor incidence change along with a wing incidence change. Second round went great. So another kit is are being cut I'll build one that one and document the build.

Mike
                          video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Sorry Mike, only just got back to checking this thread but happy I did, seems to go nice from what little we could see. Did you have a full flight vid in the works?

S.

Comment

Sorry Mike, only just got back to checking this thread but happy I did, seems to go nice from what little we could see. Did you have a full flight vid in the works?

S.
                              All the video I have is terrible. I need to set up a day where we actually make a good attempt at filming. I was supposed to be assembling a kit by now but the designer decided to give me a RTC ( ready to cover ) version incorporating all the changes we made. I'll do a video explaining them while before I cover it.

Mike

Comment

Hey mike, OK, interested to see more.

In the mean time, I recently got my Gemini 160 twin running how it should, next step is to work on the install in my Fokker D8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	160.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	189425

S.

Comment

Nice motor. I should have some updates pretty quick.

Mike

Comment

The Air Camper is looking good Mike.

That motor should haul that D8 around pretty good Stuart.

My 1/3 scale D8 is about ready again after the motor/ESC change out. Need to finish a mod to the tail skid suspension and CG it again.

Comment

Working...
                                    X