Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yur not going to believe this, Can you say Brewster Buffalo.......

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yur not going to believe this, Can you say Brewster Buffalo.......

Yes it's true HobbyKing just released a Brewster Buffalo today. Not only did they release a Brewster Buffalo, but it a DURAFLY Brewster Buffalo!!! It's not perfect, it's a hand toss, but I'm getting it. Long live the Brewster Buffalo!!

Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

Woody!

Glad you like it!

Comment

Ya know Dude, we were just talking in the next planes we would like to see thread a week or so ago, and were discussing how the ole BB never got any loving. I think it's funny.

Woody

Ya need to relax Dude, I'm getting ready to change forums. I'm realizing I don't really belong here. : (

Comment

Woody, not sure where you are coming from on that. I really am glad that you like it. I was in no way putting you or your taste in aircraft down. Honest...

Comment

So we can look for a flying field where a lot of pilots have these.

Oh, give me a home,
          Where the Buffalo roam....

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
            Ya know Dude, we were just talking in the next planes we would like to see thread a week or so ago, and were discussing how the ole BB never got any loving. I think it's funny.

Woody

Ya need to relax Dude, I'm getting ready to change forums. I'm realizing I don't really belong here. : (
            hey Woodcock, knowing Steve, he wasn't in any way making a condescending remark toward the post.

It's definitely a nice looking Buffalo though, add a pic of the other livery too to your original post, both look like nice versions of the old Buffalo.

Comment

They should have done a Finnish scheme.

Comment

This is indeed a nice plane, one i was hoping to see someone produce, something different from the cookie cutter

Comment

Too small, no gear and it's a durafly as they say on shark tank, "for those reasons, I am out"

Comment

Hmmm. Looks like fun!

Comment

Some short clips of both paint schemes in flight, at the tail-end of the Hobby King Weekly Wrap-Up.

Comment

And Durafly's video on it:

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                          Too small, no gear and it's a durafly as they say on shark tank, "for those reasons, I am out"
                          Gotta agree with Manfred.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                            Too small, no gear and it's a Durafly as they say on shark tank, "for those reasons, I am out"
                            Well now Fred, to imply a Durafly model is second in quality to a Flightline model in it's class is pure nonsense. People need to consider the source here. Compare the new Park Flyer Flightline P-51 to this model, is well a loosing proposition. Brewster Buffalo comes with an operational rudder out of the box. I'm going to stop right there. Nuff said. If giant, huge models are your thing, (and you have a great big barn to store them in, I have a 40-foot shipping container I keep my boxed models in) then you will not like this model for sure. I sort of respect this, but I've always been a live and let live sort, and try to respect what people like, after all it's their hobby, not mine, but I am entitled to like what I like too.

As of late Motion, Flightline, and Freewing offerings have been a dud as far as I'm concerned. Now this is my opinion, I don't expect many here to agree with it. The fandom of Motion, Flightline, and Freewing is so thick here it makes me sick some times. I joined this forum originally because I am fond of Motion, but I can see a new cool product from another front line provider, "Like Durafly" and celebrate the new offering as I think we all should, or consider to, "in a real open forum". I didn't join to be anyone's cheerleader or support mechanism. Now I think Motion is top shelf. But I'm not here to support them, they're here to support me! As of late, this has not been happening. Their new model selection has been crap, not poorly made models, usually there well-executed grant it. But crap to me, and that's my opinion.

Making a Brewster Buffalo is spectacular! Even if it is a hand tosser. I haven't seen one yet, but knowing Durafly the way I do, it will look and fly second to none for it's class. As for HK, it's an unfortunate fact that they have had the coolness factor for me of late. The C-130, the up coming Grumman Albatross, the Buffalo. They're all models I want to see. NOT a Superscale F-35! So someone is listening to me, and people like me, unfortunately, it's not Flightline, or Freewing.

So to this end, please accept my most sincere apology, "RCJetdude".

So if it means anything, I'm going to do my best to make this a real forum if no one minds and not just a fan based site. When a cool new thing comes out from another quality brand, I think it reasonable we can talk about it, and celebrate something cool. Ya think?

I find I fly my hand tossers more than any other planes I have. When they're in the sky, I can't see or experience a *amn bit of difference between them and the biggest plane I have. Fact is, I'm more relaxed, and have a lot more fun flying them, after all, there isn't any real vestment there, to be honest.

Regards
                            Woody

So quick question, is this suppose to be a Fandom site or an open forum? Depending on this answer I may be way out of line.

Comment

My sincerest apologies as well Woody. I can see how my comment could easily be taken more ways than it was intended and I am sorry. I am very glad you like the Buffalo. It is a deviation from the status quo for sure. This is an open forum and all forms of model aviation from all vendors are open for discussion. We all have different interests and tastes but the common theme is that there is something for everyone. This is not to say that there is not going to be some level of fandom for Freewing and FlightLine products. Clearly, if someone comes on here bad mouthing MRC or it's products it is going to get people's attention and likely to ruffle some feathers but we are all adults I hope. Believe me when I tell you that a Buffalo does not trip my trigger as much as a new Superscale F-35 would but that is just me. FlightLine is a relatively newish product line and it takes time to fill a pipeline so I think they are just trying to provide their versions of the big hitters and in time more of the less offered planes will be produced. If others get there first then great! This hobby will not thrive on any one company or plane but the variety that such a mix can provide. There is room for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

So quick question, is this suppose to be a Fandom site or an open forum? Depending on this answer I may be way out of line.
                                So I've been on this forum for many years and I believe it too be an open format where I've seen most anything go that was respectful and not like some of the seething manners on the other side.
                                As a matter of fact, I've seen in the past year or so quite a few members from the other side move more to this forum because of the lack of angst displayed here by the over all community.
                                My posting ratio between here and there is 10:1 not because I'm a fan but because I enjoy the wide spread camaraderie and the ability to provide respected electrical techy advise.
                                I think you are at a real forum Woody ;)
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                  My sincerest apologies as well Woody. I can see how my comment could easily be taken more ways than it was intended and I am sorry. I am very glad you like the Buffalo. It is a deviation from the status quo for sure. This is an open forum and all forms of model aviation from all vendors are open for discussion. We all have different interests and tastes but the common theme is that there is something for everyone. This is not to say that there is not going to be some level of fandom for Freewing and FlightLine products. Clearly, if someone comes on here bad mouthing MRC or it's products it is going to get people's attention and likely to ruffle some feathers but we are all adults I hope. Believe me when I tell you that a Buffalo does not trip my trigger as much as a new Superscale F-35 would but that is just me. FlightLine is a relatively newish product line and it takes time to fill a pipeline so I think they are just trying to provide their versions of the big hitters and in time more of the less offered planes will be produced. If others get there first then great! This hobby will not thrive on any one company or plane but the variety that such a mix can provide. There is room for all.
                                  Nicely put mate! Accepted, and sorry for the confusion on my part sincerely.

Best Regards
                                  Woody

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

So I've been on this forum for many years and I believe it too be an open format where I've seen most anything go that was respectful and not like some of the seething manners on the other side.
                                    As a matter of fact, I've seen in the past year or so quite a few members from the other side move more to this forum because of the lack of angst displayed here by the over all community.
                                    My posting ratio between here and there is 10:1 not because I'm a fan but because I enjoy the wide spread camaraderie and the ability to provide respected electrical techy advise.
                                    I think you are at a real forum Woody ;)
                                    Thanks for that Charley.

Woody

Comment

For the record Woody, I am glad you have not left. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
                                        They should have done a Finnish scheme.
                                        I agree that the Finnish scheme would be the most unique for this one. I do like flying something different so I usually try to convert to a RCAF livery where possible. I would consider getting this model and repainting in this scheme but I fly at a park and I'm sure it wouldn't be worth the hassle of explaining the difference between the good Finnish markings and the bad German ones!! Maple leafs don't cause me the same concern! lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	180588

Comment

Working...
                                        X