You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Favorite FlightLine Airplane?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Favorite FlightLine Airplane?

I posted a similar thread in the jet forum...Curious to know what people's favorite FlightLine and Freewing models are. So what is your top FlightLine fav? Why? Details, details! :)
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

P-38

First and foremost, it's a twin. The sound of a twin in the pattern is hard to beat. The one WWII allied bird I would not want on my six if I was on the other side. The FL version has great lines, is powered well and flys great. It's easily transported and has great features and scale details. It's not a "common" bird at the field.

Comment

Great choice. For the record I would agree but truth be told I have yet to fly a few of them...I saw someone bring out the FlightLine Focke-Wulf Ta 152H and it was SO nice! Tracked incredibly...He loved it. Speedy, clean, everything you would hope it to be. Waiting for a B-17 and/or B-25 (crossing fingers). B-24 is awesome historically but doesn't do it for me to own unfortunately. I might dip my toes in the La-7 waters...
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

La-7 & ME-262

Comment

Originally posted by uuc328 View Post
          La-7 & ME-262
          ME-262 is a jet. :P ;)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

My favorite FL bird is the :ov10(coming soon) ;)cause it is the best twin that can take any terrain a pilot will take it to.
            I know Aros :P until it does come I'll say the Tigercat cause it is the sweetest flying and most forgiving twin that a RC pilot could have :Cool:
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

ME-262 is a jet. :P ;)
              Still meets definition though :P

Comment

So far I have to say the Tigercat it is my first and only twin to date. I like the profile of it the excellent flight characteristics and the fit of the parts was top notch and the color and paint was excellent. The other major factor for me is that it represents one of the radial powered war birds and those are my favorite planes. I also have the FlightLine FW 190 still in the box to be assembled soon and I am sure I will like it just as much. I am a die hard Corsair lover and someday I hope to be able to move up to the 6s planes and I will have to get one of the Bird cage 1600mm FlightLine Corsairs.

Comment

I have to vote Tigercat myself. I just love it everytime I fly it. It basically flies itself. A T-28 is always a go-to trainer warbird because of the tricycle gear etc, but I think the Tigercat is just as capable. You don't have to worry about rudder on takeoff like a single prop. It's just a truly stress-free flying experience from take-off to landing.

Comment

Have a Tigercat and a Liberator.
                    I got the F7F already put together and decaled as Bad Kitty.
                    I "built", modded and weathered Barney's Buzz Wagon so I'm going with the B-24
                    Not simply because of my time, it's just an awesome aircraft. The full size and the model!
                    :Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      P-38

First and foremost, it's a twin. The sound of a twin in the pattern is hard to beat. The one WWII allied bird I would not want on my six if I was on the other side. The FL version has great lines, is powered well and flys great. It's easily transported and has great features and scale details. It's not a "common" bird at the field.
                      Same here and I will add that the P-38 was the first thing I purchased from Motion, I still have it :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160405_233145085_iOS.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	184145
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Flightline corsair birdcage is my favorite! It was love at first sight!

Comment

Still meets definition though :P
                          Technically no it does not :P..........The thread title is Flightline airplane and the ME-262 model is Freewing;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have to support the P-38. Like others, this was my first Motion RC purchase.

I do have to say my new favorite Flightline plane will be the Mosquito you guys are working on, right, right?

Comment

Would not normally engage but

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Technically no it does not :P..........The thread title is Flightline airplane and the ME-262 model is Freewing;)
                              Quotes from OP "Curious to know what people's favorite FlightLine and Freewing models are."
                              "What Is Your Favorite FlightLine Airplane?"

air·plane
                              /ˈerˌplān/
                              noun
                              NORTH AMERICAN
                              1. a powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.

Comment

Would not normally engage but

Quotes from OP "Curious to know what people's favorite FlightLine and Freewing models are."
                                "What Is Your Favorite FlightLine Airplane?"

air·plane
                                /ˈerˌplān/
                                noun
                                NORTH AMERICAN
                                1. a powered flying vehicle with fixed wings and a weight greater than that of the air it displaces.
                                GOT ME ;) All because Aros calls the thread FL and then says both in his first post :PLOL
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

Have to go with my FL F7F. Love everything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X