X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightline RC 1600mm Corsair

I recently assembled the Flightline RC Corsair, I assembled it as per the instructions just not in the same order as the manual describes. The following is what I did and the reasons for doing it the way I did. Hopefully, it will make sense as we go. Before beginning the assembly I tested all the servos individually to make sure they all worked by connecting them to a servo tester. If you don't have a servo tested they can be connected directly to the RX for testing purposes. By testing the servos individually you can make doubly sure everything is connected the control board the correct way and in the correct port. At this point, I applied the decals. This being easier to do with the various parts in small easier to handle assemblies. A word of warning, make sure you have them in the correct position as you will not be able to remove them once they are stuck in place. If you do you will remove the paint as well.

Before the assembly, I connected the aileron pushrods to the servos and the control horns, having made sure the ailerons are free to move on the hinges. It's a good idea to check the flaps at the same time because they are next to be connected. The flaps are operated by a total of 4 servos, 2 on each side. These will have to be connected to the control board or at least a servo "Y" lead to set them up correctly. I removed the control board from the fuselage and connected the ribbon cable. In doing this I was able to check and cycle the gear doors and the retracts as well as the flaps and ailerons. Be sure the flap servos operate at the same rate and the same movement before you connect the flaps. Having connected the ailerons and the flap the wings can be joined together ready to fit the fuselage. The control board can now be fitted back into the fuselage and the horizontal and vertical stabilizers fitted. Connect the two elevator pushrods and the rudder pushrod.

I am using a Spektrum DX8 TX and an Admiral 6 channel RX (no gyro) together with the new 6s 6000mAh battery. Everything works flawlessly. All that is left to do is assemble the pro and fit it to the motor. The CG should be quite easy to get in the correct position as Flightline have incorporated provision for nose weight in the cowl. They have provided 5 weights that can be added or removed to obtain the correct CG.

To date, I have only flown the model once, however, just like the other Flightline models it does fly very well with ample power to fly in a scale like matter. It will perform loops and rolls with ease as well as inverted flight. I flew the model for 4 minutes and after landing the 6000mAh battery still had 74% remaining. Flying time will not be a problem with this battery.

I will add photos at a later date when I have flown it a little more.

Martin.

hi guys maiden flight not crash .. flightline f4u done couple hours ago flew awsome no trim req at all setup perfect .... spent the time 4 setup baced on motian and rc informer.. only a 4000 pack so ended up all weights up front ,, inc a bit xtra been flying dynam , but wow big difference smooth as a gravy sandwich.... gota get some 60000 packsnever looked like noseing over on ground handling nice suspention /// 4 12 months was going to get birdcage ,, last minut change bubble top weathing almost complete pics soon

Comment

oh and haapy xmas .. holidays 4 u guys in us

Comment

welcome, glad it all went well!

Joe
        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Working...
        X