X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Beech Staggerwing Foamie?

Sure would like to see some manufacturer come out with a foamie Staggerwing in the 800 to 1000mm size. Can't find Staggerwings listed anywhere. Seem to be all discontinued. Were they too hard to manufacture or too high priced????

Rochobby has/had one. Retracts and everything. Painted a not so nice red but flew ok.

The windscreen is the battery hatch and if it isn't secured, it will pop open and make an exquisite airbrake causing the model to intersect the ground rather spectacularly

Given eflite is going deep into the rochobby line it wouldn't be terribly surprising to see it refreshed soon

Comment

Exactly. Rochobby had one. At the time we had it, it was retooled and slightly updated from an old plane. It was a decent seller but once Horizon took over the RocHobby line, it was discontinued. I'd love to have it back again but it is likely outdated at this point compared to the current state of the art. Are there any other biplanes you want to see?

Comment

I have one of the Rochobby staggerwings, wasnt bad, but the retracts were flimsey and bent quite often. Other problem i had with it was the small E clips that held the wheels on would pop off quite often. I would like to see them upgrade it and bring it back.

Comment

Love to see some between war biplanes such as the Boeing P-26 Peashooter.

Comment

Would love to see some foam Golden Age biplanes in the 1500mm - 1600mm range. Could be done with three peice wings for easy transport. The Stagger Wing, Tiger Moth, and Waco YMF series should be doable with their longer noses.

Even some of the air racers of the same era would be great. The Chester Jeep, Hall Bulldog, Wedell-Williams Model 44, like the Gilmore Red Lion and others.

Comment

Eflite had a blue one, I have seen pop up on FleaBay from time to time, usually sells for way more than I want to pay.

I have to say selections of biplanes are limited selection now, from all vendors.

Comment

Wow, great idea for a new (old) bipe. Beechcraft G17 or G17S 1500 mm or more. What's not to like? Yes, please. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beechcraft G17S Staggerwing.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	265226
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Name:	FMS Beechcraft Staggerwing (10).JPG
Views:	542
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	265233Click image for larger version

Name:	FMS Beechcraft Staggerwing (7).JPG
Views:	512
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	265234

Name:	FMS Beechcraft Staggerwing (14).JPG
Views:	496
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	265235Click image for larger version

Name:	FMS Beechcraft Staggerwing (19).JPG
Views:	497
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	265236
                  I bought these two FMS Staggerwings for $99 each on clearance at BH a few years back. They are 40 inch wingspans and they have been lots of fun. Sadly, the blue one with it's airbrushed and hand-painted scheme, clipped a 60 foot White Pine and was turned into polyalphaolefin confetti. The "Orange Ripper" lives on and is a great plane that looks great in the air. Fitted with a Power 10 and 70C batteries, I call it the "Orange Ripper"....lol Love to see a new version somewhere. Also, a bigger A1 Skyraider again!....

Comment

If it's made I will buy, I took the Rage stagger and converted it to 2s, Been looking for a bigger one.
                    AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      Exactly. Rochobby had one. At the time we had it, it was retooled and slightly updated from an old plane. It was a decent seller but once Horizon took over the RocHobby line, it was discontinued. I'd love to have it back again but it is likely outdated at this point compared to the current state of the art. Are there any other biplanes you want to see?
                      Boeing P-12 / F4B

Boeing F4B-4

Curtiss F11C / BFC-2 Goshawk - fixed gear

Grumman F3F-3

WACO E series or UPF-7

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Boeing P-12 / F4B

Boeing F4B-4

Curtiss F11C / BFC-2 Goshawk - fixed gear

Grumman F3F-3
                        J2F Grumman Duck

Comment

Originally posted by bob_stan View Post
                          Love to see some between war biplanes such as the Boeing P-26 Peashooter.

I would be interested in one. Nice bright color scheme.

lots of nice planes mentioned,

the j2f duc

boeing and grumman inter war fighters would sell well I think.......if they flew well. Some are short nosed. Peashooter models I read are difficult landers.

Comment

I agree with you, I wouldn't be surprised if a Peashooter's narrow, rigid, small-wheeled undercarriage would be less forgiving compared to biplanes with wider, suspensioned, larger wheeled undercarriage. The Tiger Moth comes to mind. Longer fuselage, better overall wingloading all else being equal, etc.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                            X