Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse Piper Cub 1950mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...cub-1950mm-arf

The Piper J-3 Cub is an American light aircraft that was built between 1937 and 1947 by Piper Aircraft. The aircraft has a simple, lightweight design which gives it good low-speed handling properties and short-field performance.

Our model is scaled to approximately 1:6 and attention has been given to providing a realistic appearance with outstanding flight characteristics. The model was designed for electric power but can also be flown using a matched pair of internal combustion engines of about 7-10cc displacement.

Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Covered in high quality Oracover film with panel line detailing
    • Recessed hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed cockpit, pilot and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • Pull-Pull control system on the rudder for precision control and authority
    • comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
    • Fiberglass cowl and landing gear covers/pants
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Piper Cub 1950mm (76.77") Wingspan - ARF
    Requires (Electric):Requires (Gas):
    • Engine: 9cc Gas / .60ci Nitro. NGH GT-9 recommended
    • Gas Propeller: 11x6 - 12x6 APC recommended
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BH04 (5).png Views:	0 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	194521
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

One DOES NOT fly a piper cub, solo in the front seat. Why do they keep making this mistake?! Thanks, Doc

Comment

Hello All

Very nice plane. Assembly isn't to difficult. I do have a problem finding covering that matches the original covering. During construction, Cub has acquired some Hanger Rash and blemishes due to excessive CA on the cowl. I'm currently looking for Covering and Spry Paint. Have tried Oracover, what I received was darker than whats on the plane.
      Several 450 pod & booms, Chaos 600, UH1N, MD500, Talon F1, Escapade MX, Avistar, Ugly Stik and Several Foam War Birds

Comment

Working...
      X