X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying my Dynamo Gee Bee Y maiden

First maiden with this flight, no SAFE as with my Apprentice but I survived the 2012 experience and many more.

Takeoffs are optional - landings are mandatory..
    Good job and I hope you are still enjoying such a nice looking airplane classic.

Comment

I really like my Dynam Geebee, flies nice, very stable and forgiving. I would like to upgrade the motor and esc to fly on 4s and get some more speed out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
        I really like my Dynam Geebee, flies nice, very stable and forgiving. I would like to upgrade the motor and esc to fly on 4s and get some more speed out of it.
        It could probably be ugraded without much trouble.

It might just be able to take 4S as is. See which ESC and motor are in it.

Looked it up. different motor and ESC than in the old version Dynam P-51, so I can't guarantee it can take 4S

The ESC SHOULD be able to take it. The ratings are right.
        Change the motor to the Dynam/Detrum 3720 (get the one with the shaft in the correct position, its hard to change it)

Then you can go 4S. They use the same ESC with this motor for 4S. Then you can put n a 12X8 2 blade. (The motor will handle more prop than that. It Should take up to 13X9 with a 50 amp ESC.)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I need to look at the esc and see. Ive been tempted to try it as is on a 4s 2200.

Comment

The old 3715 motors handle 4S as long as you check that they are not getting hot from too much prop load. I don't have any of the newer ones. the newer motors look different. I am not sure what they changed.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Upgraded it finally to the motor and esc out of a wrecked Eflite Pitts. Ive run it on up to a 4s 2700 and it hauls. I do it for short durations at full throttle but it overall is a great improvement.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                  Takeoffs are optional - landings are mandatory..
                  Good job and I hope you are still enjoying such a nice looking airplane classic.
                  I did eventually sell it to make room in my hangar/garage.

Comment

Working...
                  X