Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK A800 780mm Thread

(Product page can be found here).

With the XK A800 Motion RC is pleased to announce the XK brand to our customers. A leader in mini and micro class RC products since 2011, XK Innovations brings the best of performance and reliability to the smaller side of RC Flight! XKs' line of small RC airplanes brings the simplicity of electric flight to a worldwide audience with easy to fly fixed wing aircraft, some of which offer FPV options to further the fun! Motion RC stocks a full compliment of available spare parts to keep you flying these amazingly affordable RC model airplanes.

The XK A800 RTF is a great introductory model aircraft for beginners due to its built-in stability system (3D/6G) that supports smooth flights and resistance to crashes. A great park flyer glider with rigid EPO foam and ample wing for slow, controlled flights, but also capable of aerobatics in 3D mode.

The XK A800 is a nice trainer with excellent stability due to the gyro. The airframe is sleek and aerodynamic supporting slow flight with good float and lift characteristics that are excellent attributes for beginner pilots. FEATURES:
    • Comes with 3D/6G, a gyro for increased stability and helps decrease the chance of a crash. Simply cycle between 6G (stable mode) and 3D (no control surface limits) by pressing the aileron stick to the lower left after activating the model
    • Stable and sleek profile supports smooth, slow and controlled flights
    • Aerodynamic profile with long wing surface supports good lift for soaring
    • Rigid foam airframe comprised of EPO foam is resistant to crash damage
    • Extended flight times (Up to 45 minutes!)
    INCLUDES:
    • XK A800 with Gyro 780mm (30.7") Wingspan - RTF
    • FTR Futaba S-FHSS Compatible 4CH 2.4GHz Transmitter
    • 2.4GHz Receiver
    • 2S 7.4V 300 mAh LiPo Battery
    • 2S LiPo Battery Charger
    • USB Charging Cable
    • Owner's Manual
    REQUIRES:
    • Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included in the box
    Click image for larger version  Name:	xk-a800-with-gyro-780mm-30-7-wingspan-rtf-motion-rc-7059641270385_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	196829
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I have this plane and the servos stopped reaponding. The Tx binds, motor runs with throttle but no control surfaces
    Any thoughts?

Comment

Figured it out. The control board must have shorted out. The gyro module shows signs of electrical shorting. Oh well $17usd for new board and should be good as new.

Comment

Is there any way to convert this to rh stick rudder and lh stick aileron?

Comment

Please help. I had to replace my transmitter. I hoped it would bind by itself but it did not. Is there anyone out there that knows how to bind it to the plane?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan D View Post
            Please help. I had to replace my transmitter. I hoped it would bind by itself but it did not. Is there anyone out there that knows how to bind it to the plane?
            Hey Bryan D welcome to squawk. Try to plug the plane in first, then turn on the transmitter

Comment

Thanks
              That did it

Comment

Originally posted by Jola View Post
                Figured it out. The control board must have shorted out. The gyro module shows signs of electrical shorting. Oh well $17usd for new board and should be good as new.
                I too had a board that shorted out. It was only my second flight. I was playing with some thermals and floating in the wind when I saw a nice "jet stream" behind the plane. At first I thought it was the atmosphere, then I realized it shouldn't have a trail behind it at 30 feet up. It was right then that it fell out of the sky. My board seems to have burned out right at the motor connector. Which, of course, singed much of the plane around it. I'm not sure if it was the soldering on the board or the motor that caused the issue, so I replaced both along with the aileron to board wire. Just installed the replacements and everything seems to work fine. Thank you to James for the tip on getting the Tx to bind up. Haven't had it up in the air yet. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

It's very unfortunate that these products are so poorly made. I had a WL Toys micro helicopter with a main board that failed early on too, but it just stopped powering up instead of starting on fire. I believe WL Toys and XK are the same company.

Other than that, it is indeed a great and fun plane to fly when it is working properly. Though it could use a more powerful motor. Not bad for the price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_012451.jpg
Views:	3947
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	246333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_012503.jpg
Views:	4043
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	246334

Attached Files

Comment

hi can you gently post the manual instructions? I lost it

Comment

Originally posted by Dottorpitxurri View Post
                    hi can you gently post the manual instructions? I lost it
                    I was ready to find a link to paste for you in order to download the PDF manual. But it seems that there isn't one readily available online. Initially I was going to leave this alone, but then I saw a couple of places trying to profit from selling the manual for $5.00. Come on, guys! PDF Manuals should be free.

So I scanned my manual and am attaching it here. It isn't the best scan job, but it works. This can be freely distributed anywhere, but it cannot be sold for profit. Keep it free!

Enjoy ☺
                    Attached Files

Comment

thank u so much

Comment

Anyone know what exactly the aileron servo connector is? I need to replace one but hard to fine. I have read a micro jst sh 1.0 mm. Let me know. I ordered a couple of aileron Y connectors from motion RC but would like to know what this connector is for a variety of reasons

Comment

Hello everyone,
                          I am new to the hobby and have started with xk a800. I just lost my transmitter. I am looking for advice on buying a new transmitter. Would any Futaba SFHSS work with the plane? Has anyone tried anything other than Jumper T12? I am not ready to shell out $150 on the transmitter yet, so looking for a cheaper option. Something that I could use with my next plane that I am planning to build on my own.
                          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by RTF View Post
                            Hello everyone,
                            I am new to the hobby and have started with xk a800. I just lost my transmitter. I am looking for advice on buying a new transmitter. Would any Futaba SFHSS work with the plane? Has anyone tried anything other than Jumper T12? I am not ready to shell out $150 on the transmitter yet, so looking for a cheaper option. Something that I could use with my next plane that I am planning to build on my own.
                            Thanks for your help!
                            Hi,
                            This plane doesn'T seem to be compatible with Futaba SFHSS. I did bind it today for the first time with Jumper T12 Pro, after losing the original tx that came with it. It uses KN WLToys protocol.

Comment

Strange that it is advertised compatible with Futaba SFHSS but it is not.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekFantasy View Post

I too had a board that shorted out. It was only my second flight. I was playing with some thermals and floating in the wind when I saw a nice "jet stream" behind the plane. At first I thought it was the atmosphere, then I realized it shouldn't have a trail behind it at 30 feet up. It was right then that it fell out of the sky. My board seems to have burned out right at the motor connector. Which, of course, singed much of the plane around it. I'm not sure if it was the soldering on the board or the motor that caused the issue, so I replaced both along with the aileron to board wire. Just installed the replacements and everything seems to work fine. Thank you to James for the tip on getting the Tx to bind up. Haven't had it up in the air yet. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

It's very unfortunate that these products are so poorly made. I had a WL Toys micro helicopter with a main board that failed early on too, but it just stopped powering up instead of starting on fire. I believe WL Toys and XK are the same company.

Other than that, it is indeed a great and fun plane to fly when it is working properly. Though it could use a more powerful motor. Not bad for the price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_012451.jpg
Views:	3947
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	246333Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_012503.jpg
Views:	4043
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	246334
                                How did you get the board out? Is it glued in? My XK 800 has just developed an intermittent elevator fault after about 2 months.

Comment

Like others, the receiver in my A800 did not last long. In my case, the elevator servo stopped working. I ordered two new receivers and I cannot seem to bind either one to the original transmitter. I am following the usual steps of plugging the batter into the Rx first, power up the Tx, and then throttle up and down, but nothing is happening. The red light keeps blinking to indicate it is not bound. Anyone have any advice on what I might be missing here?

Comment

Ducky: had a similar problem, people kept telling me I was too close to the model when attempting to bind, but no luck the further I went, so since it was something I hadn't tried,I gave it a shot binding with my antenna touching the receiver antenna and it bound albeit with the rudder reversed. 2nd attempt it worked! I know it's been 3 weeks hopefully you figured it out by now but in case not or someone else is having the same problem, this worked for me. Also make sure your plane & tx batteries are fully charged.

Comment

Hi I have the XK A800 i was able to bind in to my new TX16S but i don't know how to set up the 3 position switches on the 3D6G can someone assist me please? Has anyone setup the 5ch 3D6G on a TX16S before?

Comment

As you've already figured out, the main protocol is: "KN" and the sub-protocol is "WLTOYS".

Here are a couple links that should answer your specific question:

MPM Protocol details on GitHub

XK A800 channel layout on RCGroups

Comment

Working...
                                        X