Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Dynam Seawind 1220mm Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Dynam Seawind 1220mm Thread

(Click here for the PNP product page and here for the RTF product page).

The Dynam Seawind is a fun, go play-for-the-day amphibious, snow and land aircraft. Enjoy some fun flying on your favorite lake, pond or river. Snowing outside? No problem! Want to fly off the tarmac? Easy! With the included landing gear, you can fly the Seawind on land with ease. Simply remove the gear to fly off of water or snow. Just add your radio, receiver and 3S 2200 LiPo battery and you're ready for adventure.

FEATURES:
    • Unique, attractive lines and decal trim sheet
    • Two scale pilots for added detail
    • Powerful BM3715A-KV1050 Brushless Outrunner motor
    • Landing gear set for flying off of land if desired
    • Constructed of Durable EPO foam
    INCLUDES:
    • Dynam Seawind Blue 1220mm (48") Wingspan - Receiver Ready - (PNP)
    • ESC with XT60 connector, servos and motor come pre-installed for your convenience
    • Blue Decal set
    REQUIRES:
    • 4 Channel Radio - Select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel Receiver - Select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 3 Cell 11.1V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 connector - EPR22003X6
    • 3 Cell Compatible Battery Charger - Select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dynam-seawind-blue-1220mm-48-wingspan-pnp-motion-rc-26213556876_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.4 KB ID:	196847
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

having trouble...cant make heads or tails of this...thought i had it...began taxiing out like your video and the cockpit filled with water!
    after emergency cleanup, this is what happens and I do not have the experience to problem solve and identify the issue.
    Please see files and email me with any help. thank you. Click image for larger version

Name:	sw1.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	211968Click image for larger version

Name:	sw2.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	211969Click image for larger version

Name:	sw3.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	211970
    it just goes beep-beep........beep-beep....over and over.
    Attached Files

Comment

These "water planes" are not waterproof out of the box. They must be completely sealed and all electronics wrapped and sealed from water intrusion. The "beep, beep" is probable indicating that the ESC is not initializing, perhaps meaning that it's not talking to the receiver. The electronics may now be water damaged. Try re-binding after you dry everything in a bucket of dry rice for a day. Also do a check of the battery with a tester. Water, especially salt water, will kill a LiPo battery. Even fresh water will contain enough salt and minerals to drain a battery to death.

Comment

Its binded. tried to do video but no.
        i can switch modes and all that...the colors on esc changes 2 times, 3 colors...ive tried a diff battery and all.
        checked beep patterns and best i can see it relates to voltage but, ive tried several batteries.
        will try video again.

Ive read everything but cant figure out why...

Comment

Water damaged electronics may never work again. Are you sure it's the ESC that changes color? I don't think any of my ESCs have any lights on them.

Comment

hi folks I am new to the site and just purchased a Seawind1220. have sealed all the water entry points I can think of. not an intermediate flyer, had a turbo timber I was flying off water last summer but a tree ate it. I would appreciate any helpful tips that anyone has about this plane. Also using spectrum Ar636 receiver that I have programmed with safe. have not maidened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashking5 View Post
              hi folks I am new to the site and just purchased a Seawind1220. have sealed all the water entry points I can think of. not an intermediate flyer, had a turbo timber I was flying off water last summer but a tree ate it. I would appreciate any helpful tips that anyone has about this plane. Also using spectrum Ar636 receiver that I have programmed with safe. have not maidened yet.
              I've had one of these. IMO, this plane is grossly underpowered. I flew mine on 4s and it does very well that way. I also used a 3-blade prop for a little more thrust. Also, that motor nacelle on top of the rudder is extremely flexible. If you land it too hard, the whole thing will bend and the prop will carve a nice slice into the top of the fuselage. If you can, find some way to reinforce that overhanging engine nacelle. It needs to be much stiffer than it is. My friend and I both had one. We both did a strut brace using plywood and CF rods.

Comment

xviper, thanks for the reply. I am usually flying slow park flyers, so do you believe that this plane will be ok out of the box using a 3s and flying off the water. Also I am finding that I need to move the battery back quite a bit in order to balance which uses up a lot of the space for receiver and esc. how did you have yours configured?

Comment

@Crashking5 It's been a while since my friend and I flew our Seawinds. I sold mine and my friend passed away. However, if memory serves me correctly, placing the battery was problematic to make it balance. Mind you, we had that motor pod brace and 3-blade props, so ours balanced differently than stock. I remember having to mount the battery laterally instead of longitudinally. Foam had to be removed and velcro straps installed. That meant the ESC had to be held in an "out of the way" place using velcro and the RX was tucked further back and also held in place with velcro.
                  Yes, this plane can be flown on 3s. Just be more patient when you take off as it can take some distance to get flying. My friend flew his on 3s and we were flying off grass, so the friction was more than what you would find off water. He went back and forth between 3s and 4s depending on what batteries he had with him. When of 3s, get used to flying at high throttle settings. This plane will tip stall easily in a banked turn if it slows down too much.
                  Oh, and glue those wing tips on really good. They can rip off if they touch ground too hard, or in your case, water. We also used hinge tape on the wingtip seam.

Comment

Working...
                  X