• Show
Clear All

• CZ T28

I have seen it has returned! Thank God!

Jim (The Rev) will be glad.

Comment

Yes indeed

Comment

fantastic model, horrible retracts. everytime I fly mine, i worry the gear will fail (again)

Comment

The Reverend, had 750 plus flights on his, (see the smoking hole above) and could not help but notice the noodle like wobble of this gear - both on takeoff and landing.

Comment

$150 more dollars for SAFE? An option I turn off immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
              That’s a fairly hefty premium to pay to have SAFE. Too bad they don’t offer a PNP. Mine flies on an Orange RX with satellite and has never been a problem. As for the retracts, so far, so good. Yes, they do wobble quite a bit when rolling around on the ground but they’ve never bent or failed. I do, however, worry about the tiny wires in the retract servo plugs. The insulation has pulled back a bit and I can see how flimsy they look. I’m thinking I’m going replace the wiring before flying it again. One aileron servo failed in the first week but the plane still flew OK with only one aileron and allowed me to land it safely. It even did a roll with only one aileron when I was trying to figure out why it was so sluggish. Horizon sent me a replacement for free. Nevertheless, it’s still an enjoyable plane to fly and it’s always a crowd pleaser.

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I have seen it has returned! Thank God!
                WHERE........... Can't find it on the Horizon site (unless it's another case of a rattler in the bush )
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

WHERE........... Can't find it on the Horizon site (unless it's another case of a rattler in the bush )
                  Got to search the BNF specifically. Not offered in PNP. You have to put in a backorder.

The E-flite Carbon-Z T-28 2.0m is back by popular demand – for a limited time – and is now equipped with optional-use SAFE Select technology and improved AS3X tuning for even better handling, control authority and aerobatic capability!

Comment

Thanx for that link TJ.
                    After reviewing the specs ...............MEHHHHH. No version 2. No Oleo's. No 3 blade prop
                    For those that do get the reissued V1 but want a more scale looking 3 blade setup.

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yeah, i was hoping for at least some better gear, but meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
                        Where do you get $150 more for Safe?

The original BnF with AS3X when it was first released was 569.XX

The re-release is 549.xx.

20 bucks cheaper than it was originally. (Not counting any sales they might have had, just comparing apples to apples)

Comment

I'm not sure where he got the $150.00, but looking back at what the last PNP T-28 cost (for me) in Canadian $$$$ compared to Horizon Hobbies current BNF price in Canadian $$$$, the difference is $145.00 CAD, which would translate into about just over $100.00USD.
                          IMO, "SAFE" is just an additional tweak to AS3X and in today's "gyro-speak" is merely a difference between 3-axis vs 6-axis and the cost difference is virtually zero. I guess it all depends on what time stamp you use to determine the price. You say the "original" BNF cost so many $$$$ but what did it cost when the last item was sold. I recall the price went up during the lifespan of the first series of this plane.

Comment

I was totally wrong. It’s not $150. What the heck was I thinking?!? I retract what I texted. 😰.

I just wish they replaced the LG. I had to replace my nosegear three times. No problems with the mains though. One of my favorite planes overall. My son received one of the prototypes before it was first released and we let ten pilots fly it at our warbird meet. Most of those went home and ordered one that night.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              I'm not sure where he got the $150.00, but looking back at what the last PNP T-28 cost (for me) in Canadian $$$$ compared to Horizon Hobbies current BNF price in Canadian $$$$, the difference is $145.00 CAD, which would translate into about just over $100.00USD.
                              IMO, "SAFE" is just an additional tweak to AS3X and in today's "gyro-speak" is merely a difference between 3-axis vs 6-axis and the cost difference is virtually zero. I guess it all depends on what time stamp you use to determine the price. You say the "original" BNF cost so many $$$$ but what did it cost when the last item was sold. I recall the price went up during the lifespan of the first series of this plane.
                              I noted in my post that I was not counting sales promotions. The pricing is documented by Horizon elsewhere. I predict if you wait long enough, the new release will again be about the price you paid for the first one....but not now.

Also, over the last few years, how much as the exchange rate varied, CDN to US$?

There is no US $150 premium or 100 CDN premium for this new model. It is simply not on a sale promotion.

Comment

Working...
                              X