X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline 30cc 74" raven.

I just purchased this arf from general hobby ($289!)to transfer everything from a crashed skyline slick. Both are well constructed and the covering is perfect. Kits come with tank and quality hardware. The downside is that the only manual available is a fits all for the 30cc line of arfs. Anyone flying one of these that i can get a working cg from? Info on the web is very sparse. My default plan is to start at the back edge of the rather large diameter carbon spar.
    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

I'm in the process of building the same plane which I picked from a. Local flyer. Not my first plane but it is my first gassed. I'm not ready to start balancing yes but have been doing some reading on it. I read a post on FlyIng Giants and the suggested the CG was 140 mm from the leading edge of the wing. Another post suggested CG at the front edge of the wing tube. Like I said I have not gotten to that point yet to confirm. Someone inexperienced started building the plane so I'm having to correct several building errors. But, I like to build so it is a go project for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileRaptor View Post
      I'm in the process of building the same plane which I picked from a. Local flyer. Not my first plane but it is my first gassed. I'm not ready to start balancing yes but have been doing some reading on it. I read a post on FlyIng Giants and the suggested the CG was 140 mm from the leading edge of the wing. Another post suggested CG at the front edge of the wing tube. Like I said I have not gotten to that point yet to confirm. Someone inexperienced started building the plane so I'm having to correct several building errors. But, I like to build so it is a go project for me.
      Welcome to the squawk mobileraptor! keep us posted on your progress

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I am a long time builder, with numerous scratch builds under my belt. I've also built several 30 & 40% Cardenas for other people. I'm also a retired Coast Guard Chief Engineer so not much mechanical scare me.

Comment

I have the same plane. My instructions say 4 1/8” from the leading edge at the wing root.

Comment

Working...
          X