X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Flite Extra 300 1.3 CG

OK. So I just finished build and holy crap! The CG is way aft when the battery is placed in the compartment in the position indicated by the instructions.
    By moving the battery all the way forward against the engine compartment, I managed to achieve the CG indicated in the attached photo. This is still aft of the recommended CG by about 6 mm (see photo).
    It makes me think I have done something wrong, but I've seen comments about achieving correct CG by moving the battery forward as I have.
    I can get the CG in range by adding an additional 60 grams in the nose, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
    I'm wondering if anyone else who has built this plane has encountered the same issues, and how they were resolved.
    BTW, my installed battery in photo is 225 gram 4S.
    Thanks!

I have the extra 300 also and with a 3200mah 4s battery as far forward as possible and it also is barely in the range. It’s just the plane

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo5efhe View Post
      I have the extra 300 also and with a 3200mah 4s battery as far forward as possible and it also is barely in the range. It’s just the plane
      Cool. The plane flies great ;) I created a little support which nestles all the way forward and supports the front of the battery as well as secure some ballast. I added 25 grams of weight into the support (I am using 2200mah batteries) and I am right in the range now.
      I've attached the support below in case anyone finds it useful.

Front Battery Support - Extra 300.stl

Comment

One of the club members intentionally planted his in a smoking hole in the ground, as he got frustrated with the flight characteristics not able to meet his liking.
        I thought it was a great looking airplane and should be a great flyer.

Comment

I'm not families with the plane but I would try a larger battery. Find the same battery in a 5000 MAH and check the weight. Add the difference in weight to your existing battery and see where the CG is.

if the extra weight equals correct CG order the battery.

​​​​​​​Negitive = a little more weight. Positives = CG is where it should be and you have 30 percent More flight time.

Just a thought.

Comment

I have a 300 3.1 and using 3200 4s specktrum batteries, I had to put battery forward also. All of these foamy are different due to foam consistency in manufacturing. I acquired my cg with weights I put on my batteries towards the nose..

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticJesus View Post
              OK. So I just finished build and holy crap! The CG is way aft when the battery is placed in the compartment in the position indicated by the instructions.
              By moving the battery all the way forward against the engine compartment, I managed to achieve the CG indicated in the attached photo. This is still aft of the recommended CG by about 6 mm (see photo).
              It makes me think I have done something wrong, but I've seen comments about achieving correct CG by moving the battery forward as I have.
              I can get the CG in range by adding an additional 60 grams in the nose, but it seems like I shouldn't have to.
              I'm wondering if anyone else who has built this plane has encountered the same issues, and how they were resolved.
              BTW, my installed battery in photo is 225 gram 4S.
              Thanks!
              With either the 2200 or a 3000 mA battery all the way forward, I still had to add 45 g to the nose to get to balance at the 100 mm mark.

Comment

Working...
              X