You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-28 Trojan 1.1m BNF Basic with AS3X and SS (PKZ8250)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-28 Trojan 1.1m BNF Basic with AS3X and SS (PKZ8250)

This plane was brought back late this year from 10 years ago and now it is discontinued.
    Anyone know why ParkZone discontinued it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 6.26.27 AM.png
Views:	519
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	224284

Probably because it was one of their most popular planes. I could go to any field around and ask about it. Most pilots would say it was their knock around, move up to aileron airplane. Hate to see it go. I have 26 planes RTF but my PZ T-28 is one of the top “go to”planes

Comment

My guess is that Horizon wanted to pedal their other products. They have a couple of Eflite T-28s. FMS has a couple of them, too and of course, we all know Horizon is now the main seller of FMS in N. America. Eleven Hobby has one. Dynam has one. Banggood sells some obscure brands of T-28. The market is flooded with them. Something had to go and Horizon controls the Hobbyzone brand. I think they decided it was time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrnflyr View Post
        Probably because it was one of their most popular planes. I could go to any field around and ask about it. Most pilots would say it was their knock around, move up to aileron airplane. Hate to see it go. I have 26 planes RTF but my PZ T-28 is one of the top “go to”planes
        I was told that the dual rates in safe mode won't kick in until you set the rate to 60%. "Horizon Tech. Support"
        Can anyone verify this?
        Thanks,
        William E. Burrows Jr.

Comment

The Carbon Z T-28 2.mm is coning out in April.
          Horizon Hobby $549.00 with safe select.

Comment

Originally posted by William E. Burrows Jr. View Post

I was told that the dual rates in safe mode won't kick in until you set the rate to 60%. "Horizon Tech. Support"
            Can anyone verify this?
            Thanks,
            William E. Burrows Jr.
            Until someone comes along to comment on this, I can only tell you what I see with the "safe mode" on my EC 1500. When in safe mode, bank, pitch and yaw angles are limited to about 45 degrees so you can't get yourself in trouble too easily. As such, lower "rates" are not really needed in safe mode. Even at max throws, you can bang the sticks around and the plane won't do a roll, a loop or have severe yaw. I fly with whatever rates are comfortable to me when safe mode is OFF. Once I flip to safe, it doesn't really matter what the rates are. I flip to safe for take offs and landing when windy or when flying just for kicks (to show someone what it does) or when I want to relax a bit and not worry about my bank angles. Safe is more for emergencies to help you recover from an "oh, crap" moment.

Comment

SAFE (bank angle limits/auto level) is flying in angle mode. i.e. you command a percentage of the maximum angle limit with your stick input.

So. If the bank angle limit is 45 degrees (set in the receiver's software), 100% "alieron rate" (which is actually roll angle in SAFE mode) will give you 45% bank angle at full stick deflection. Thus, if you set a 60% rate on ailerons in your transmitter, you will get 27 degrees bank angle (60% of 45) at full stick deflection.

The receiver doesnt know or care what rates you have set up. In that respect, i would disagree with the comment made by HH tech support.

Similarly, the reason they tell you not to trim a plane in SAFE mode is because it can have unintended effects when you turn safe off (and when the receiver goes into a more traditional rate mode). A minor correction to angle in SAFE mode will be a continuous correction with SAFE turned off.

Comment

Just purchased the e-flight Air Tractor, the Horizontal Stabilizer snaps together in two pieces, the elevator tips are a little uneven.
                Just a little something to pass along.
                I purchased new ones, still waiting for them, I will post the results once I assemble.
                Not real thrilled with the Horizontal Stabilizer design. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	240114
                Other then that the plane looks very high quality the electronics and push rods are very well done.
                Maybe I ran into a fluke.
                Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                X