X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Cub S+ Rutter Motor Noise

Hello, I'm new to the hobby zone RC planes and I just got the Carbon Cub S+. After assembling the unit and near the end of calibrating, I noticed a buzzing noise which is affected by the Rutter. When I move the Rutter in one direction it would go away or lessen, the other direction would make it worse. It would sometimes go away as well. Does anyone know what this could be or what I need to do. I'm afraid to fly it with that noise going on.

It’s likely that your plane has digital servos and some of them can naturally be a little noisy with a buzzing sound in certain positions and load. I don’t have this plane in particular, so I don’t know what kind of hinge is on the rudder. If it’s a solid foam hinge, then it will help to “exercise” it before you get too much further. To do this, disconnect the control rod from the horn at the rudder and then manually move the rudder back and forth till it is no longer stiff and moves fairly easily. This will reduce the load on the servo and may reduce the buzzing noise you hear. Even if it doesn’t eliminate the buzz entirely, it is a typical characteristic of these types of servos, so as long as the rudder moves left and right fully and smoothly, it should be fine to fly. Always do your range checks and make sure all control surfaces work as they should during this test.

Comment

Thank you very much for that info, I will exercise the rudder as you have mentioned and hope that helps. I'll also make sure the rudder is moving all the way to each direction.

Comment

Working...
      X