X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F7F MOTORS NOT SYNCHRONISED

HI - I am a newbie and still finding my way around the forum and so I apologise if this topic has already been raised .
    I have completed the buld [ the wiring instructions and tags on the wires were less than clear ] but there is a problem with the synchronisation of the motors . { i have followed the online instructions [ nothing in the build sheet ] but whatever I try one "fires up " immediately and the other only at about half throttle stick and therefore running about [ at a guess 2k revs down] I have a a three blade tacho - but frankjly I dont need it to tell me there is a problem
    If i tried toi fly it it it would be a deathly maiden !

I cannot return the model becuase its made up and already got hangar rash from th struggles . Would appreciate any help you could give as to a solution or obtaining something from Flightline/Motion - presumably new motors and or esc's

Thanks in advance

extramad

What "online instructions"? Tell us what you do to try to sync the motors. Does it look like this ........................ ????

(SORRY, I just noticed that you stated Flightline.)

If dealing with the one that has 2 batteries, both batteries must be connected simultaneously. You may need a second person to help.

CAUTION! It is recommended that you remove both propellers before doing this.

1. Throttle trim on TX as low as it will go.
    2. Do one throttle then the other in separate steps.
    a. Disconnect one of the throttle leads from the "Y" that goes to the throttle port on the RX - pick one, doesn't matter which.
    b. Start with everything powered OFF. The turn on TX, put throttle stick all the way to the top. Then connect flight battery. As soon as you hear the first initial beeps from the motor, immediately drop the stick to lowest.
    c. Power everything off in the usual manner. Now, swap the throttle leads. IE, disconnect the one you just worked on and connect up the other one.
    d. Go through the same calibration sequence as you did for the first motor.
    e. Power off, hook both throttle leads together again. Power both TX and plane as you're supposed to and test the throttle.

3. ALTERNATIVE ....................................
    a. Throttle trim as low as it'll go.
    b. TX on, throttle stick to max.
    c. Hook up plane battery. As soon as you hear the initial beeps (and since there are 2 motors, they could be slightly staggered but shouldn't be too far apart) from both motors, pull the throttle stick down. You should hear both motors do their final initialization beeps.
    c. Test the motor start up with the throttle stick.

Comment

You don't need to put the throttle trim at low... I have all mine at the mid position and they calibrate fine.

Comment

Working...
      X