X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New E-Flite Twin 1.2 Turbo Otter

My Brother came over and had me assemble Two of the new E-flite 1.2 m Twin Turbo Otter. Went out early this morning and test flew the first one he gave to his son today and I just finished up the second one now they are a nice flying little Twin, but I like my E-1500 Twin Cargo plane better. Winds came up late morning, going out to fly this one tomorrow morning. they are a fun little Twin. This one is for my Brother's Son in-law. I need to paint the floats for him to match the plane in my spare time( WEEE hours in the morning LOL!!!! Went out late this afternoon and test flew this one. I plan on doing a flight Video in the morning hopefully the winds will go down tonight the winds came up to 20 to 30 gust over 40 mph
    Click image for larger version  Name:	OT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	239690 Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	1385
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	239763

Click image for larger version

Name:	9D80BFB7-FBDC-4436-B513-9B7282EE0CB0.jpeg
Views:	789
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	260654

Comment

Hey,

Hope the maiden went well, this one’s mine, has probably over 100 flights on it now and I’m bored of it 😆😆😆😆, repainted in military colors (from a freewing hand toss jet decal set), with du bro 2.5” low bounce tires. No bad habits.

Comment

Name:	07572809-AF94-4DFE-9554-50F5442E6127.jpeg
Views:	750
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	260657
        Attached Files

Comment

That is an Awesome re paint urbancowboy, Have you flown your's off the water yet? My brother and I have flown Our's on floats, off the snow and, water. We love to fly this on floats more then with the standard wheel landing gear actually slower landing can be with the floats. I imagine the floats actual add more lift to achieve a lower landing seed

Comment

Thanks! I’m actually selling it, I got bored of it and I have the e flite crop duster which does exactly what I bought the twin otter for- bush flying! Yes, I’ve operated from everywhere but snow cause it hasn’t snowed here yet. I bought it last month. Does well on even tall grass for a small plane.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancowboy View Post
              Thanks! I’m actually selling it, I got bored of it and I have the e flite crop duster which does exactly what I bought the twin otter for- bush flying! Yes, I’ve operated from everywhere but snow cause it hasn’t snowed here yet. I bought it last month. Does well on even tall grass for a small plane.
              Love flying My E-Flite Air Tractor at night I added a rotating beacon on the top of the canopy for better orientation in the dark in fact I flew it last night hopeing one other guy would show up to get some video of it flying, but I guess he could't get a kitchen pass LOL!!!

Comment

I just did a repaint of my much flown 1.2m Twin Otter. (Twin Otter is the correct reference, not Twin Turbo Otter). Went looking for Twotters in service with military units that had the best looking camo and interesting markings.

Came across one being operated by the Ecuador Air Force. It was in the classic South East Asia camo used by the USAF in Vietnam. Had to do it.

It was done with latex samples from Home Depot (except for the dark green, which did not look good in the latex sample, so used airbrushed model paint instead). Flag colors on tail are from rattle cans. Cut all the vinyl markings on our Silhouette Cameo craft cutter.

Just for fun, decided to camo the floats as well.

All done except for a few details. Hope to get it wet for the first time next weekend.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just set up my eFlite Twin Otter 1.2 on DX9. Manual calls for 25% elevator mix for 1/2 flaps and 35% for full flaps. Is that a misprint? Never seen that much down elevator mix. What are others using?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I have mine set by the book and I don't remember changing anything from those "recommendations" other than adding a little more expo to the elevator, it seemed twitchy.

Comment

Wild Man what are the orange and white floats in the background for?

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                          I have mine set by the book and I don't remember changing anything from those "recommendations" other than adding a little more expo to the elevator, it seemed twitchy.
                          Thanks SanExup. I think I'm going to reduce the recommended elevator/flap mix by 20%, test up high on maiden and adjust from there. I'd rather err on the side of having the plane balloon up on maiden than plunge down.

Comment

It's a great plane. It flies fastish and slow. I found it needs power while landing and I ended up just using half flaps for landing. I found with full flaps I needed more power to keep my decent slope gentle on the gear, meaning no bounce. Half flaps and a little power made for better landings.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                              Wild Man what are the orange and white floats in the background for?
                              that set of floats are for my E-flite Twin 1500 Cargo plane. I finished the plane and the floats like that so they look like NEMO the little clown fish in the movie Saving NEMO

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

that set of floats are for my E-flite Twin 1500 Cargo plane. I finished the plane and the floats like that so they look like NEMO the little clown fish in the movie Saving NEMO
                                I'd like to see that!

Comment

Maidened mine at a float fly this weekend. Flies fantastic!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I just pickup up the Twin Otter from the LHS. I seem to have bad luck with Horizon products. This is the 3rd Horizon plane for me. So far 2 of the 3 had manufacturing problems out of the box.
                                    T-28 the assembler had a glue dispenser issue. In my case it was too much glue, inside of the Fuse had glue all over the place including completely filling in 3 difference screw holes.
                                    UMX Timber. No problems still flies like a camp almost 2 years later.
                                    My new Twin Otter I didn't jet past pulling the Wing out of the box. Noticed the right motor was loose in the mount. Should have been an easy fix, but no. During assembly they cross threaded the screw and snapped it off in the hole before it tightened up the the mount post. Took it back to the LHS yesterday. They were great and should have a replacement wing in about a week.
                                    Glad I looked, I had been thinking of wrapping it up and sticking it under the tree.
                                    I'll check back around the time I maiden it.
                                    Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
                                    R. A. Heinlein

Comment

Name:	IMG_E5536.JPG
Views:	723
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	288883Click image for larger version

Name:	Eflite Twin Otter in a Pine Tree.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	288884Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E5537.JPG
Views:	820
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	288882
                                      Had my Eflite Twin Otter out quite a bit this summer. I set it up with differential steering and had great fun with it everywhere. One photo shows how I had to store it in a tree because my buddy's new retriever puppy was chewing on everything. It's a good package. Lands easy on water. Looks great in the air. Lots of comments from the cottagers....

Comment

I got one last week and put the floats on immediately. It’ll be strictly a winter plane for me. It was perfect out of the box, except one of the spinner screws were missing. I happened to have one that fit. Just needed to cut it down a bit. Nothing was loose. Everything fit and the assembly was a breeze. Maidened it and had a second flight on the first day out. Needed a lot of elevator trim and a tiny bit of aileron trim. The elevator may have been due to the floats. I set the elevator by the book but I think that was meant for wheels. Floats may add some downward drag. Once trimmed, it flew beautifully, very smooth and landed picture perfect on the snow/ice.
                                        Next up .............. adding floats to my EC1500.

Comment

Working...
                                        X