X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Spruce Goose

I’ve seen some videos of a 12 foot Spruce Goose and would love if Motion RC could come out with some larger seaplanes.

Fritzponds Welcome to Hobby Squawk, and thanks for your input! I'll add it to the list. I would love a Martin JRM Mars!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Yes! That would be great.

Comment

People love to watch seaplanes, they really bring people into the hobby.

Comment

+1 on spruce goose
          rc flyin addict

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
            Fritzponds Welcome to Hobby Squawk, and thanks for your input! I'll add it to the list. I would love a Martin JRM Mars!
            OMG are you kidding me, a MARS would be mind-bending especially in a larger size. This plane was just incredible - unfortunately recently retired, but it was at Oshkosh a few years ago.. There are lots of videos on YT, here are a couple of fun shots.

This is long video but start at the 4 minute mark for an incredible slo-mo landing.

And this one will just about make you mess your pants, if you play it on a big screen with the sound on!!
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

OMG are you kidding me, a MARS would be mind-bending especially in a larger size. This plane was just incredible - unfortunately recently retired, but it was at Oshkosh a few years ago.. There are lots of videos on YT, here are a couple of fun shots.

This is long video but start at the 4 minute mark for an incredible slo-mo landing.

And this one will just about make you mess your pants, if you play it on a big screen with the sound on!!
              I had the chance to see it fly at Oshkosh, and would definitely love to see the beast in RC! Both a Mars and a Seamaster would both be must-haves to me!

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post

That would be pretty mind-bending. More seaplanes are needed in general!

Comment

Please do the Mars! Certainly make it big enough and light enough so it has a chance to fly slow enough. The water drop feature would be a great plus. But maybe smart to let all of the engineers out here figure that one out. That way it would keep the price down. Yeah, a big Mars would be sooo cool!
                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

If you want to add a real water drop then the model would need to be very large (water is heavy) - so a MARS would be perfect for that.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                    X