X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziroli DR-1

This Ziroli DR-1 is one of my favorite RC WW1 planes that I own, and was built from plans back in the days...it is powered-up with a 30cc gas engine, Aces of Iron Pilot, and been updated to fly with a Spektrum DX-9 radio, and even after 20-years, it is still in remarkable flying shape,..i am planning on swapping out the gas engine for a new electric system in the near future...and although i have never offered it up, this is one of the gentleman who asked me to add his name to the list in case it ever comes up..!

gas Click image for larger version

Name:	DR-1.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	245764Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8256.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	245765Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8259.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	245766

Oh my, what a treasure! I love Ziroli aircraft; I chickened out of finishing a P-38 build years ago and regret selling it to this day. Fokker Triplanes are not the most friendly ground handlers, but they're so distinct in the air, it's worth the risk!

What electric power system are you contemplating? A Xoar or Menz prop would be beautiful.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha, Thanks, yes she's a beaut and I luv her, and she flys very well just like a Ziroli design, and everytime i take her to the field, there are always others who ask me if i'm afraid she's going to ground-loop, or that she must be a handful to take-off, and i just let Ziroli's genius show itself...i will be looking at any new motors and esc combos i hope MRC may offer for large new aircraft or gas to electric conversions, and as all old RC pilots, i have a large inventory of props. Thanks again !

Comment

Very nice. Here are pics of two of my DR1's. One a old VK I built 1979-1980 and still flying now electric and another about 17 years old just converted from glow to electric. And a pic of both about 15 years ago when they were glow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VK Triplane.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	254234Click image for larger version

Name:	Triplanes2.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	254235Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile Triplane rear.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	254236

Comment

What a great Aircraft! Love it! I’m building a 1/4 Scale Sopwith Tri-Plane.

Comment

Banditone Which KIT is it, or are you building from plans? I'd enjoy seeing photos of your build to follow along.

Are you going with Richthofen Red as well?
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
            X