X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Cub S+ and Strange Control Signal

So, my friend and I are at our field and he Ends up crashing his Cub. He came by at moderate altitude and speed. Goes full throttle into a loop. Coming out of the loop, he continues into a Hammerhead. That’s when things go haywire. His airplane falls of as expected. Then, no control on anything. The airplane went straight in. Remarkably, the airplane only had minor damage and is already repaired...structurally. But, he now has an aileron flutter on his right wing. It only happens at full left throw and when he moves the stick rapidly. Slow stick movement does not cause it.

So, servo damage or receiver? Ideas?

BTW, this morning, I crashed in almost the same spot. I was just turning downwind, nice and controlled and it gave a quick surge on the motor then I lost all controls. My LiPo was still reading 11.5v. But, my transmitter batteries were down to 1.4. Just concerns me that we both crashed in the same spot. I hope we don’t have some interference going on because it’s a sweet flying spot and only the two of use use it.

Addendum: Today, I flew my airplane again after the repairs from my previous outing. Had to make some trim adjustments. But, otherwise flew great. Two batteries no issues. On the third flight, I took off and made a gentle turn to downwind and as I leveled off, the airplane lost everything again. No inputs recognized and in it went. Tail broke off and wing hold downs pulled thru.

This is the third time I’ve lost signal input. It was well inside the parameters for the transmitter (range checked to more than twice the distance). New batteries in transmitter and LiPo read 12.36.

ideas?

Comment

First flight and it lost all control and crashed. $300.00 gone

Comment

I bought a 2nd one the same week and flew great. I would like store credit

Comment

Originally posted by Wjklein1977@gmail.com View Post
          I bought a 2nd one the same week and flew great. I would like store credit
          Where'd you buy it from?

Comment

Working...
          X