Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XK DHC-2 Beaver A600 Elevator Moves with Throttle Input- need help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XK DHC-2 Beaver A600 Elevator Moves with Throttle Input- need help!

Howdy,
    I am looking for some guidance as a newbie. I have a XK DHC-2 Beaver A600 with Gyro 580mm RTF
    and it has developed an issue I need help with. The elevator ticks up about 4mm every time the throttle is moved. I kept noticing the aircraft would jump up very time the throttle was moved from off to on during the flight. The gyro will fix the transient response but only after the aircraft jumps up about 3 Feet in the air or dives down 3 feet. Likewise when the throttle is set to idle the nose of the aircraft really drops. I took off the wing and swapped the elevator and rudder servo wires and the behavior switched to the rudder. Holding the body totally still you can see the servo move several degrees each time the throttle is moved from idle to any amount of throttle, as soon as you go to idle it jumps back several degrees to where it started. It is repeatable during every throttle transient.

With the throttle in any position but “off” the elevator ticks up and stays there. As soon as you go to OFF it ticks back to the neutral position.

i have tried multiple gyro resets but it has not changed anything. Can anyone help me with a suggestion to fix it? It only has a handful of flights.

Thank You.

FlightTest Welcome to Hobby Squawk! How old is your DHC-2 Beaver? Has it been in any crashes? Are you using the stock battery? Was the plane always behaving this way, and assuming not, at what point did it begin to "develop" this issue?

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

It was purchased around Christmas time. It has had some light crashes and has a ding on one of the wings. However it flies well except for the pitch up issue. I have been away from flying RC for a long time so I am not sure if it was doing it from new but I am sure noticing it now. Especially when coming in for a landing and giving it a little throttle to get to the landing zone.

It seems like there is an EMI issue or something. I moved the servo connections around to see if one was getting some cross feed but it made no difference.

With the wing off, just blipping the throttle on and off makes the elevator twitch up and down. The servo deflects the same amount if you just crack the throttle above idle or go full power. As soon as I put the throttle to idle the servo goes back to the center position.

I have really noticed for about the last 5 flight . The battery and all the equipment is original that came with the RTF package.

Do you think it is a bad reciever?

Thanks for your help!!!

Comment

It's possible it's the reciever. If you have another reciever swap out the suspect one and see if the new reciever does the same thing.

Comment

Thank you. I will try to order another reciever. I have a larger receiver for bigger airplanes but not a micro one like the Beaver uses with an integrated gyro. The one in the Beaver also uses the super small Futaba style connectors instead of the standard size.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Well, I received a new receiver and installed it and unfortunatly it exhibits the exact same behavior with the tick in the elevator each time the throttle is touched. One thing i discovered is that the tick goes away in the 3D gyro mode but returns in the 6G stabilized mode. Both receivers behave the same way. I completed a couple flights today and it still balloons way up when the throttle is in any position above shut off.

With the gyro in 3D mode it really wallows in turns without the rudder. Kind of an odd behavior, but I have heard other have the same issues.

Thoughts on a next step?

Thanks for your guidance.

Comment

Is your radio set up with a mixing error possibly?
              Really odd that it does it on two different receivers.

Comment

Howdy Cobra 1365,

I am using the radio that came with the kit. As far as I can tell there is no way to put in a mix. It is really an odd problem that is repeatable 100%. I wish I could figure it out.

By the way, sure is a good looking Snake you have in your pic. CSX-1365 perhaps? 1000 series were aluminum bodied 427s if my memory serves me correctly.

Thank you so much for your input,
                FlightTest

Comment

Working...
                X