X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Looking Trainer

How about Freewing build a good looking trainer like a Cessna 172 or 182. Motion RC needs to get its act together if it wishes to get new people in the hobby. I have been looking for a scale trainer for me and there are none that are good looking.

“Good looking” is in the eye of the beholder. Freewing’s Pandora is a “Cessna-like” clone. Some people love the way it looks and they think it’s the next best thing since sliced bread. The same can be said about the Eflite Apprentice. Many people get into this hobby where a Cessna-like plane isn’t the one they start with. I think MotionRC has their “act together” quite well in this area of bringing new people into the hobby.

Comment

A rather unsubstantiated passive-aggressive statement at best, from a novice. Keep your eyes on this one mod’s

Comment

I was very serious on this. I would love to get back in to the hobby but I do not want to fly an ugly plane. All of the war birds and jets look really great. Why do the very limited trainers that Motion RC actually has in stock look terrible. The Pandora is ok but it is weird looking.

Comment

Again, if it looks terrible only to you, that won't compel a company to make a whole new plane that suits your taste. If you want it done, I would suggest you find a few hundred people to write to MotionRC and tell them that you all want a Cessna xxx. They might listen then. It's going to cost about $50K for a new mold.

Comment

I assume since you "want to get back in the hobby" you have some experience. If you want a good looking "trainer", take a look at the nicely scale FMS 1400 Sky Trainer 182. Its not a rank beginner trainer but easy enough to handle if you've had some experience. At $160 your not out a lot of $ if it turns out you can't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastergunner View Post
              I was very serious on this. I would love to get back in to the hobby but I do not want to fly an ugly plane. All of the war birds and jets look really great. Why do the very limited trainers that Motion RC actually has in stock look terrible. The Pandora is ok but it is weird looking.
              If you enjoy warbirds, then there are a fair amount of T-28 Tojans on the market. With the tricycle gear and wing loading you could always go with one of those. Then you get your scale fix and trainer capability all in one.

OR, you could always grab some rattle cans and masking tape and turn any trainer on the market into your own livery.

Comment

James
                I appreciate the response. Unfortunately I see Motion RC does not carry any T28s. I like the YouTube videos and would like to support a company that cares for hobby

As for the trainer, I am talking scale not livery. Sorry if I did not make that clear in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastergunner View Post
                  James
                  I appreciate the response. Unfortunately I see Motion RC does not carry any T28s. I like the YouTube videos and would like to support a company that cares for hobby

As for the trainer, I am talking scale not livery. Sorry if I did not make that clear in my post.
                  Thats why I mentioned the T-28. Yes we do not carry one at this time, but it is a scale training aircraft for real pilots and also RC pilots looking to eventually advance to taildragger warbirds like mustangs, corsairs and such. Again, you will not offend us by getting an aircraft you like from another manufacturer/distributor if we don't carry what you need at this time. We aren't going anywhere and will be here when you are ready for what do have.

Comment

FWIW. Our club went from Mini Apprentices to AeroScouts for training. And they are VERY happy with them. IMO the AeroScout isn't much to look at. But as they say form follows function. Terrific flyer.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanAZ View Post
                      FWIW. Our club went from Mini Apprentices to AeroScouts for training. And they are VERY happy with them. IMO the AeroScout isn't much to look at. But as they say form follows function. Terrific flyer.
                      I think we may be in the same club...

Comment

I am really liking my Freewing Pandora as a trainer. I think it looks pretty good in the high wing trike configuration...

Pandora maiden flight outside Elsinore, UT

Comment

Working...
                        X