X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightline P-38 CG issues

I have had the toughest time finding the initial cg. The bird has 2 2500 4s admirals and the optional suspension struts. The issue I am having is with the gear down I have a severe nose heavy cg and with the gear up I have a severe tail heavy cg. I have tried balancing it upside down and right side up with zero differences. I discovered in the manual that it shows two different cg measurements the first being 65 mm back (English instructions) and 100mm back (Chinese instructions). I have tried both of these locations and everywhere in between with no avail. I am curious if anyone has had any issues balancing a P38. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Reider11 Three + years ago when this was released there was a bunch of dialog across the forum's about the inaccurate CG in the manual.
    You will need to locate your battery's so that the CG is 75mm with GEAR UP.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Awesome thank you! Where exactly on the leading edge is that taken from?

Comment

Originally posted by Reider11 View Post
        Awesome thank you! Where exactly on the leading edge is that taken from?
        Per the drawing on page 12 of the manual. It was the measure of 65mm from that leading edge reference that was bad.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Sounds good, just wanted to make sure it was from the same point

Comment

Working...
          X