Clear All

• Official Nexa 1580mm G36 Sport (Balsa ARF) Discussion Thread

Nexa G36 Sport 1580mm (62.2") Wingspan - Balsa ARF
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2165
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	254184

Product Availability: The estimated time of arrival (ETA) for this product is mid/late-May, 2020. Please click the "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button on the product page (linked below) to receive an email notification when the product is available for purchase.

We are proud to announce Nexa, Motion RC's in-house Balsa-specific brand that will showcase customer-favorites and new, never-before-seen models in various balsa formats and a wide range of sizes and price points.

The Nexa G36 Sport is a .50-size electric scale series civilian aircraft with a 1610mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and fully covered. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes a two piece wing design with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts and struts, flaps, a large battery hatch and pre-hinged and installed control surfaces.
    Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa G36 Sport comes fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail.
    Scale Details Throughout

Satisfying scale details accentuate the G36 Sport including fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts, struts and operational flaps.
    Large Hatch

The large hatch allows for an incredible amount of space for any battery and electronic requirements.
    Electric Retracts Included

The Nexa G36 Sport comes with servoless electric retracts and struts for added realism and clean flight profile.
    FEATURES:
    • Fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail
    • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
    • Electric retracts and struts are included
    • Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiners for easy transport
    • Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings
    • Fiberglass cowling, detailed cockpit and painted pilot for added scale appeal
    • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
    • Large battery hatch allows easy access to your chosen electric setup
    INCLUDES:
    • Nexa G36 Sport 1580mm (62.2") Wingspan - ARF
    • Wheels, wheel covers, spinner, fiberglass cowling
    • Motor mounts
    • Electric retracts and struts
    • Hardware and decals
    REQUIRES:
    Customer Note
    Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Alpha any reason this one is electric only? I noticed the gas motor in the pictures but all the descriptions are showing just electric.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
      Alpha any reason this one is electric only? I noticed the gas motor in the pictures but all the descriptions are showing just electric.
      If you read the writing in RED you will see that this ARF was designed and made for BOTH power systems, depending on what the RC hobbyist wants.

Comment

So just received this model yesterday, I have had two prior VQ models about 10 years ago which where glow planes, I have had nothing but Foam planes for the last two years and to be honest forgot how well built Balsa planes seem to be, first impression just out of the box of this plane is WOW, love the scale details and well built, all the covering was in great shape, I know some have complaints about the cover of these models in the past, I never had a issue with these models and I started in the hobby at the time when you built and covered if you wanted a RC plane , ARF planes were just coming into the market. I may have to do some repairs down the road and have the equipment to do so, It does come with two extra sheets of cover material out of the box that you can use for small repairs as needed.

I am going to be using the 6s motor from my FMS Pitts V2 (Love this plane and will be ordering another after there in stock again.) that had a low inverted pass pilot error mishap :8) .....This should be plenty of power for this plane , but this is my first experience with an electric system in a balsa plane. I will give updates as I put this together and over all thoughts and impressions, but as I have said all material so far seems to be excellent, and these Nexa models I hope will make a great option for those power plants that we have around from planes of days gone by, we all probably have em.

I started by installing the motor and mount , the thrust lines are put in on the motor mount and firewall face from the factory, I will be going out of town so this is probably all Ill have time to do this week, but Ill keep this forum updated as I progress.

Name:	20200801_222517.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	266240Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_222541.jpg
Views:	1410
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	266241Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_223115.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	266242Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_222702.jpg
Views:	1501
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	266244Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_222822.jpg
Views:	1473
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	266245 There is a light placement holder in the cowl, and as you can see there is plenty of room in this fuselage for electronics ect, I may be adding lights to the plane haven't decided yet. For size reference that is a 6s 5200 battery.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          Nexa G36 Sport 1580mm (62.2") Wingspan - Balsa ARF

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2165
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	254184

Product Availability: The estimated time of arrival (ETA) for this product is mid/late-May, 2020. Please click the "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button on the product page (linked below) to receive an email notification when the product is available for purchase.

We are proud to announce Nexa, Motion RC's in-house Balsa-specific brand that will showcase customer-favorites and new, never-before-seen models in various balsa formats and a wide range of sizes and price points.

The Nexa G36 Sport is a .50-size electric scale series civilian aircraft with a 1610mm wingspan, constructed primarily from balsa wood and fully covered. This ARF requires assembly and installation of your choice of servos and power system, and includes a two piece wing design with aluminum wing joiner, fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts and struts, flaps, a large battery hatch and pre-hinged and installed control surfaces.
          Fully Covered and Detailed

The Nexa G36 Sport comes fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail.
          Scale Details Throughout

Satisfying scale details accentuate the G36 Sport including fiberglass cowling, painted pilot, electric retracts, struts and operational flaps.
          Large Hatch

The large hatch allows for an incredible amount of space for any battery and electronic requirements.
          Electric Retracts Included

The Nexa G36 Sport comes with servoless electric retracts and struts for added realism and clean flight profile.
          FEATURES:
          • Fully covered in an attractive white, red and black scheme with panel line and rivet detail
          • Complete Balsa and lite-ply construction for rigidity and durability
          • Electric retracts and struts are included
          • Two piece wing with aluminum wing joiners for easy transport
          • Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings
          • Fiberglass cowling, detailed cockpit and painted pilot for added scale appeal
          • All control surfaces come out of the box pre-hinged and installed for convenience
          • Large battery hatch allows easy access to your chosen electric setup
          INCLUDES:
          • Nexa G36 Sport 1580mm (62.2") Wingspan - ARF
          • Wheels, wheel covers, spinner, fiberglass cowling
          • Motor mounts
          • Electric retracts and struts
          • Hardware and decals
          REQUIRES:
          Customer Note
          Nexa ARF models are constructed out of balsa wood and plywood. These are not foam models. The assembly of balsa wood ARF aircraft requires basic model building skills including the installation of servos, ESC, and motor (or gas engine).
          I've had my eye on this bird a while now and waiting for it to come back n stock. I see it also comes in a 1760mm (69.2") twin. Does anyone have a video or maiden flights of these birds?

Comment

I bought this airplane a few years ago from VQModels. It's a great looking airplane and flies pretty well. My only problem with it has been the retracts. I fly sport jets and am reasonably competent at getting retracts back on the ground without bending or breaking things. My build for this plane came out a bit heavier than comparable aircraft and the quality of the retracts from VQ was in my opinion substandard. Given that this plane a has been a wall flower for me because the LG struts got all bent up after just a few flights, I would love to get it back in the air if I can find a set of retracts that can support it. Right now the only ones I see are these from Legend Hobby which are the same ones that didn't work out for me. It seems that Motion RC doesn't carry Nexa G36 retracts so, there doesn't seem to be any options out there right now. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has on weight specs of final build and success or lessons learned on getting retracts working with this bird.

Comment

I like this aircraft! Would put 6S electric power in it.
              Definitely need BETTER retracts! Perhaps Robart or some else has GOOD ONES that will hold up!

Comment

You state this comes with electric retracts BUT you are in ERROR, they are optional!! Comes with fixed struts!!!!
                It may have originally had them included, but NOT now!

Comment

Motions site currently says they are not included.

Comment

Working...
                  X