X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dxe

Will a dxe that came with my RTF carbon cub s+ work with more BnF airplanes?

Yes, it will, but very few. The DXe is the most basic, rudimentary current Spektrum transmitter there is. Many of the new BNF planes that you can buy from Horizon require a more comprehensive transmitter in order to work. If you go here:
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/categor...--1/bind-n-fly
    You will see 2 pages of BNF planes. If you fancy one, go to its webpage and look at the "manuals and support" page, then take a look at the PDF of the manual. From the manual, you should be able to see if the DXe is mentioned for that plane and how to program it to make the plane work. If it doesn't include the DXe, then you are pretty much out of luck. However, you could still use the DXe if you really must have that plane, but many of the features will not be available to you and the plane may not fly properly.
    That DXe that came with your plane is pretty cheap. They basically throw it in for next to nothing. You might be better to purchase the next model of transmitter so you can have more models to choose from. Again take a look at the manual for any given model and you will what the minimum transmitter requirement is.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I was thinking of purchasing the dx8 I think that would give me a lot more options. Do you know if I could use the dx8 as a buddy box for the dxe? My brother in law is thinking about getting into flying and if he could use the dxe on the carbon cub and I could help him out with the dx8. I know the dx8 is pricey!! Would you recommend it? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrplyr121 View Post
        Thanks for the info! I was thinking of purchasing the dx8 I think that would give me a lot more options. Do you know if I could use the dx8 as a buddy box for the dxe? My brother in law is thinking about getting into flying and if he could use the dxe on the carbon cub and I could help him out with the dx8. I know the dx8 is pricey!! Would you recommend it? Thanks again
        I can't say with certainty. Read the manual for both your DXe and the DX8 and you should find the answer. I know the DX8 G2 can do wireless buddy box. I don't know about the DXe. You might even find a YouTube video showing it being done. Try searching YT.

Comment

I upgraded from a DXe to the DX6, but it was not the RTF version. There are considerable differences as it is a fully programmable 7 channel radio. The DX6 was a much simpler and logical with the user interface built in, instead of from an external device - I used an IPad and IPhone. That said, they make great Buddy Box platforms. The RTF’s version I have seen used as a Buddy Box - but only with the model it was shipped with.
          You would do well with a DX6 Gen3 unless you plan to get into more that 6 channels real soon. There are issues with SAFE modes and airplanes with gear and flaps - but it can still be done using work-around.

Comment

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. I am just coming back into the hobby after 25 years. A lot of stuff has changed from when I started with a gas motor and the flag system for channel frequencies!!

Comment

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it. I am just coming back into the hobby after 25 years. A lot of stuff has changed from when I started with a gas motor and the flag system for channel frequencies!!
              About the same here...and resumed flying RC in 2017. The improvements since then have also been equally as significant.

Comment

Yes you can. With a current DX8 you can set that as the master and any DSMX or DSM2 as a wireless slave remote. You bind the slave remote (DXe) to the Master (DX8). I use a DX8 and have a DXe for this purpose. One thing to note: any trim, dual rate, or expo settings on the master DO NOT transfer to the slave remote. I have an old (10 years or more) DX6i that I also use as the slave remote for training, this allows me to tweak the dual rates, and expo a little better. Good luck.

Comment

Hi, As a beginner myself I bought the Eflite mini apprentice RTF version, what I did learn is that there are 2 versions of the DXE (apologies if this has been mentioned already) The RTF which comes with the Apprentice etc is the DXE”A” (it’s actually on the transmitter)The entry DXE has extra switches , aux and flaps. I managed to get hold of a DX6 used with a Li-Ion pack which last me a good few er.. months😃

Comment

Working...
                  X