First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Skynetic 1600mm Air Titan Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/sk...tan-1600mm-pnp

Air Titan 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP from Skynetic - SKY1031-001

The Skynetic Air Titan is one of our most versatile and fun to fly RC airplanes. Its large wingspan, high-wing configuration, and durable metal landing gear make it an ideal trainer aircraft for beginner pilots. But this is not just a great trainer, the Air Titan's powerful motor and solid construction mean it can handle advanced aerobatics and more aggressive flying techniques. You can even use the Air Titan to tow your favorite glider to high altitudes using the included servo-controlled tow hook. Multiple landing equipment options is another reason why the Air Titan is one of our most popular aircraft.

The kit includes large wheels perfect for grass or pavement. If you want to fly off of water, there is an optional float set available with working rudders so you can easily takeoff and land on any pond or lake. And the fun doesn't need to stop in the Winter since Skynetic also has an Air Titan snow ski set available. The main wing can also be removed to make it easier to transport the Air Titan. Made of light yet durable EPO foam with a high wing and rugged tri-gear, the Air Titan is tailor-made for anyone wanting a large-size trainer with the versatility to fly on pavement, grass, water or snow.
    New Livery

The Skynetic Air Titan comes with a new attractive blue and white livery.
    Easy To Transport

The Skynetic Air Titan is easy to transport to and from the flying field.
    Includes Functional Flaps

The Air Titan comes with functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and slower landings.
    Takes up to a 4S 4000mAh LiPo Battery

The Air Titan can take up to a 4S 4000mAh LiPo battery for long flight times.
    Functional Tow Hook

The Skynetic Air Titan comes with a functional tow hook for towing a buddy's sailplane up to altitude for maximized excitement and fun!
    Includes New Admiral ESC

The Skynetic Air Titan includes a new Admiral 50 amp ESC for reliability.
    FEATURES:
    • Durable EPO and high wing with large camber to increase trainer capabilities
    • Rugged and strong tri-gear for added insurance on takeoffs and landings
    • Multiple landing equipment option allow you to take-off from pavement, grass, water or snow.
    • Servo controlled tow hook allows you to tow your favorite glider with ease
    • Snow takeoffs and landings available with snow ski set (not included see spare parts)
    • Water takeoffs and landings available with float set (not included see spare parts)
    • Flaps added for quicker takeoffs and slower landings
    • Easy to remove wing and tail section makes transport a breeze
    INCLUDES:
    • Skynetic Air Titan 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
    REQUIRES:PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 10 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : BEGINNER
    BUILD TIME : 1 HOUR
    Wingspan 63in / 1600mm
    Length 50.7in / 1287mm
    Flying Weight 2450g
    CG (Center of Gravity) 85-95mm from the leading edge of the wing at the root
    Power System AS3520 KV680 Brushless motor (installed)
    Electronic Speed Control 50 amp brushless ESC with XT60 connector (installed)
    Propeller / EDF Electric propeller
    Servos 2x 9g, 5x 17g
    Landing Gear Tail Dragger
    Required Battery 4 Cell 14.8V 2600 - 4000 mAh Li-Po battery with XT60 connector (required)
    Required Radio 5+ channel full range radio system (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Beginner
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoor
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

All of the Skynetic stuff I have seen so far is awesome!

Comment

Looks great. It’s a heavier beginner plane, but this is needed in stronger wind gusts.
      For comparison are the Eflite Turbo Timber and Avios Grand Tundra.
      Eflite’s planes always include AS3X SAFE, which I don’t like. It’s better to configure your own gyro, and there exists better than AS3X SAFE.
      You probably also easily fly it without gyro.
      The Avios Grand Tundra offers 6S and 4S. That’s for me the best challenge. But I guess that the Skynetic Air Titan has a higher quality and durability. This will show us the future.

Most important is that this plane performs well in bad weather, which we always have here.

Comment

Will this aircraft fly on a 3s lipo?

Comment

WOW, i love this plane.. what a joy to fly. previous i was flying the 1.3m HH valiant, also a great plane for the price, with safe also. With the TITAN I installed the NEW AR630 safe receiver with forward programming.. What a Great receiver !!! it has auto calibrate in the setup, and changes to it thru the transmitter/receiver forward programming. it does have a internal antenna, but looks as a srxl2 new receiver can be added. i will try this.

Comment

Does anybody have a complete wiring diagram of this airplane? I can figure out what most servo connectors are for but not all, and none of them are labeled out of box. Manual provides no help. I'll experiment but just wondering?

Comment

Great beginner and entry-level aerobatic trainer. Be careful of landings. The tail wheel assembly is not designed for side loads and the fuselage attachment will break .

Comment

Good flying plane but there is a weak spot and poor design in the rear tailwheel assembly. I came in on some rough grass (not a hard landing or bounce) and the tailwheel assy broke off and pulled the rudder hinges out. I ordered the tailwheel assembly as pictured in spare parts and only received the tail wheel and wire frame. No plastic mount. What am I supposed to do with that LOL. I opened a case with Motion and we'll see what they do to resolve. I guess I'll look at some repair options or design my own bracket to see if I can get back in the air. Disappointed. Already missed over a week of flying.

Comment

I know this is an older thread, with nothing having been posted in almost 1.5 years...but, I'm hoping people are still paying attention to this thread.

Other than one (small) RC helicopter, I stay out of the air where RC in concerned...I stick to land, and water...and, it is water that brings me here. Having recently moved, and having left my boat rescue platform in California, I am in need of building a new rescue platform. However, whereas the previous platform utilized an RC boat for its "propulsion & steering", I've come up with an idea of building a platform based on an RC plane float set. I've narrowed my choices down to two particular plane float sets (the Skynetic 1600mm Air Titan Complete Float Set from Motion RC, and the float set for the E-Flite Air Tractor & Timber from Horizon Hobby), although the Air Titan set is currently my preferred option (primarily because I have been unable to get any info on the Air Tractor/Timber set, specifically the length). Before getting to my questions, I do want to point out that I am still undecided on what the propulsion setup will be, other than one of the two following:

Option 1 - Propulsion will be either a single, or dual, motor setup (single ESC, or dual ESC with both ESCs connected to Ch2 on the Rx), with steering controlled by the float rudders.
                  Option 2 - Propulsion will be a dual motor setup, with each motor connected to separate ESCs (one on Ch2, the other on Ch3), with the Tx mixing set to "Tank Mode". With this option, no servos are needed for steering.

On the possibility I decide to go with option 1, I have a feeling that the servos preinstalled in the floats might not be strong enough to handle my intended use. As such, I would need to replace them with stronger (albeit, not necessarily faster) servos...which, finally, leads me to my questions. First, does anyone know the specs (primarily torque by voltages, but also speed, if known) of the preinstalled servos? Second, what are the dimensions of these servos? I'm interested in length, width, and height. Additionally, I need to know whether each end utilizes one screw, or two, the distance between the screws at each end...and, if two screws at each end, the spacing between the screws at either end. This information is, obviously, needed so that I can purchase stronger servos that will fit into the same space on the floats.

Any assistance in the information needed will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance, for whatever information can be provided.

Comment

Working...
                  X