X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6S EPO GeeBee R1 or R2

This, I would love to see more than anything else. This is by far my favorite airplane but I'd love to see the Motion crew partner up with Flightline for a 6s big GeeBee racer. If you did a +/-1600mm using the existing Corsair power system you could swing a decently scale prop around that huge fuse diameter, and be at a scale with acceptable to light wing loading and large wheels so the majority of sport fliers could actually handle it. What a project that would be! Just my own selfish wishlist, I guess. I have contemplated scratch building one for years, but other projects always took precedence, but I've enjoyed flying my little eflite umx geebee for years, even organized an evening pylon race with those little rascals at an SPA pattern contest years ago. Anyway, food for thought.
    Attached Files

An R1 would be interesting. I have the R2 built up as a 6 cell plane. These are really weird models, as they were in real life. Not sure what kind of demand there would be for one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	262137

Comment

nice R3!

Comment

Oops, sorry, I guess mine's an R3. I didn't even know the R1 and R2 were similar.

Comment

R1 was the sprinter (Jimmy Doolittle) and the R2 was the cross country version. Smaller engine, more shapely cowl leading edge, I think slightly higher fin, but they look extremely similar. The pic in my post is Delmar Benjamin’s R2 reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
            An R1 would be interesting. I have the R2 built up as a 6 cell plane. These are really weird models, as they were in real life. Not sure what kind of demand there would be for one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3421.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	262137
            Where did you get your R3? I would love to get my hands on one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

Where did you get your R3? I would love to get my hands on one of those.
              I bought mine from HobbyKing many years ago. They no longer sell it.

Apparently, Value Hobby still has it listed on their website but it's "out of stock". It's a "Starmax" model, same as mine was. I sold it earlier this summer to a guy who saw it fly and really had to have it. I never flew it much and it just took up space.

It might be useful to do a Google search. You never know, one might show up on some site like AliExpress or Banggood. If you find one, the landing gear must be heavily reinforced where it attaches to the under-wing. It's canted so far forward that any non-greased landing will collapse it. Mine was heavily epoxied with CF rods shoved through the foam of the wing and strut.

Comment

I would love to see the Gee Bee Z... i would buy a few of these....

Comment

Working...
                X