X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMX TImber flaps and SPektrum Dxe

Got the Spektrum Dxe and UMX Timber in the mail. It binds up fine but the flaps immediately go into the full down position with buzzing. Other controls function fine. If I unbind and reset battery on plane the flaps return to neutral. This is advertised as a preset BNF setup that is already programmed to work with Dxe or similar. Do i need to buy the cable and program the DXE transmitter?

Originally posted by jim_bhmflyer View Post
    Got the Spektrum Dxe and UMX Timber in the mail. It binds up fine but the flaps immediately go into the full down position with buzzing. Other controls function fine. If I unbind and reset battery on plane the flaps return to neutral. This is advertised as a preset BNF setup that is already programmed to work with Dxe or similar. Do i need to buy the cable and program the DXE transmitter?
    I see that Dxe is very simple Tx that doesn't have a screen, and you need a cable to program it. Yes, I think that would work if you buy the cable, you would find a menu where you can set the endpoint on the flaps.

But also I see that they have a bunch of preset setup files on their website, and the .zip file has a .srm file for the UMX Timber. Apparently this can be copied onto the transmitters SDcard. So then all you need is a PC that can copy a file to SDcard, you don't need the cable (if I understand correctly). Did you already load the .srm file for the UMX Timber, or not? If not, I would suggest trying that first.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/prodInfo/...ups-Readme.pdf

Comment

Have you tried reversing the flap channel? Yes, you'll need the APP and the cable.

Comment

Thanks very much for responding guys.You are correct I will need to cable and will make adjustments. Looks like my transmitter has the panic button is tied to the flaps??? Weird but will need correct. Taled to HH and they were also saying same. THanks also for the template info!

Comment

Flaps were on channel 5 on my DX8. The book said 6. Their is a addendum I saw on Brian Phillip's channel. If ya watch his set up video he shows it. He really does a comprehensive radio mix in his tutorials. Saved me hours with my head in a manual
          I am not associated with him at all. I am a beginner too. Sharing good info

Comment

Working...
          X