X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apprentice STS Binding

Anyone know the bind procedure for the Apprentice STS after adding the GPS module? The manual has no direction on this, only how to bind without the GPS module. Also, the procedure without the gps module says nothing about inserting the bind plug. Is this not needed? Manual is very incomplete. Thanks.

Forgot to add that I am using the RTF Spektrum DXe transmitter.

Comment

Did you read page 10 of the manual? There’s section at the bottom of the page in a rectangle with “GPS” at all 4 corners, especially the part that says something about “if it cannot acquire a GPS signal”. Satellite signals don’t go through buildings. You must be outside when you bind it so that the electronics has a clear, unobstructed view of the sky. It may need to see between 3 to 6 satellites before it will work properly.

Comment

I will try binding outside. I did not read it that way. Do you know if you need to use the bind plug during the binding? Several videos for other planes with this module show using it but the procedure on page 10 does not mention using it. Thanks.

Comment

I don't have this plane and I don't recall seeing anything about it on page 10, however, you would bind it the "normal" way on a previous page that covers that topic. It doesn't tell you about GPS and being "outdoors" because that's fairly common knowledge that GPS satellites cannot be generally picked up indoors. You shouldn't even be under a tree or too close to a tall building. Even outside, it can take up to 30 seconds to a minute before all the satellites needed are acquired for the first power up of the day.

Comment

Ok. I will Give it a shot outdoors and hope it works. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X