X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aros View Post
    I should say! I would LOVE a D given the FlightLine touch in a giant scale class...I know cost/shipping comes into play heavily with giant scale but a 2M FlightLine P-51D in a killer livery AND plain for custom liveries would just be, um, yes please.

Something similar in looks and size to the Top RC Model P-51...But I suppose I could settle with a 1.6M

Click image for larger version Name:	a934417-252-top-rc-model-p51-mustang.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.9 KB ID:	266052
    Holy cow. They couldn't take my money fast enough. Anything 1600-2000 would be a home run. C'mon alpha, we know you have plans!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICM View Post

Originally posted by evensen007 View Post

I would instantly buy one or more P-51's in the new 1600 size series. And I would pray it would be in the old crow or Big Beautiful Doll livery (or similar). I want that soooo bad. I almost pulled the trigger on the old crow, but I'm going to hold out hoping they release a new one in the 1600 update. I also looked really closely at the new e-flite 1.5 p-51, but can't stand the blue race livery.
      -----------
      Me too! Same thing with the eFlite 1.5 P-51. Looks good but I detest the scheme. Just don't want to pay $500 and then have to totally repaint and add decals.
      It does take some gettin' used too, but then I tend to like various shades of blue. Which is why I would love to have a Petie in this scale. Couldn't get to my door fast enough!
      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Agree on the P51 in the "Petie 2nd" livery.

Comment

Riight? I mean, really.. what can be more fun than a sexy HO ready and raring to go!?
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

We have to include the P-51B too. That version is rare but still has beautiful lines to it and in the 1600-2000 mm size, it would really be a winner!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Well, I suppose it has been enough years since our last big 'Stang.
              I'm gonna go right ahead and read between the lines here and assume we'll be seeing a P-51 launch sometime soon. Call me an optimist but I have been looking around for a recent Mustang in that size and there is really nothing that is pushing the buy button for me. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll see something soon! If not, I guess I'll just have to buy the Spit. Or maybe the Corsair. Or most likely all of them in rapid succession, lol.

Comment

Hell Alpha, just make them both, you know they'll both be top sellers!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Six_50s View Post
                  We have to include the P-51B too. That version is rare but still has beautiful lines to it and in the 1600-2000 mm size, it would really be a winner!!

Princess Elizabeth was the first P-51 I ever got to sit in. I have quite an affinity for that particular aircraft.

Comment

The B/C never did it for me like the sexy D (the Razorback is meant for the P-47D only in my biased brain) but I wouldn't kick a B out of bed that's for sure, especially given the FlightLine New Gen treatment in a large class.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I agree on the B model. But, seriously, if you're gonna do another Mustang, how 'bout making it scale? And I mean... scale. No manufacturer has ever done the gear proper, for that matter, get the fuselage right, or even the crank in the wing. I understand not using the laminar flow airfoil, however, I have flown models of this and they fly reasonably well. Get all the retract angles right (the mains move slightly back toward the centerline from the pivots when looked at from the bottom. This means the wheels are not straight with the pivots. This also is the very reason the gear tucks away so neatly on the full-size, and not so nice on any model. Get the pivots right and you'll get the gear geometry right. And, correct all the doors and landing light, struts, scissors, etc. The tailwheel is nearer the rear of the doors and retracts forward! It also is the first to move in either direction because of the hydraulics. The nuances are small but incredibly needed as this plane has been done sooo many times, and there are still many left flying to copy from. Watch a fullsize Mustang just a couple times and you'll see what I mean. Just use the fullsize drawing for dimensions, angles, proper movement. Put a scale diameter prop on it with cuffs and if you're really willing, create a constant speed system for it as well. Just need a governor and a mechanical link to the blades. Am I asking too much?
                      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Not if you want to pay 1000.00 dollars for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X