X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFlite Viking Model 12

I picked up one of these used for $40. Being an EFlite BNF model I thought it would be easy to get airborne, however, this model is apparently old enough there is no product support. I got the owner's manual as a PDF and got the Spektrum AR6335 receiver setup from Spektrum, but cannot find any type of setup parameters or file for the transmitter. As it sits, the receiver has been reflashed with factory setup and my DX6e has a blank model built and the two are bound, but I have no idea where to set control surface travel or anything else, and when I hit the throttle to taxi around, the rudder oscillates rapidly. I'd like to get it off the ground as a casual indoor flier but am reluctant to just "send it" as is. Thanks for reading.

Have you seen the receiver's product page and all the info therein, particularly the downloadable manual for the 6335? You need a programming cable and a smart phone or PC to change the programming. It's likely you need to turn the gain down on the rudder.
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...SPMAR6335.html

BTW, this is a "park flyer" receiver. They call it a "nanolite", so don't let it get too far from you. I don't believe it's a "full range" receiver.

Comment

Xviper, I got the pdf manual and receiver config file from Spektrum site then flashed the receiver back to factory setup using the cable and PC program. I have no idea how to set up the transmitter. My other two eflite BNF planes had downloadable transmitter configs available through spektrum, I just dowloaded them to sd card, stuck card in dx6e, loaded the aircraft config, bound and flew. I was hoping another Viking owner might have their tx config available.

Comment

OK, what about the plane's manual?
        https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...-Manual_EN.pdf
        In there, it tells you how to set up the TX if you have certain types. Look at page 4. It even talks about "oscillation" and what to do about it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the DX6e is one of the TX that is included in the set up process for this plane. However, you can try to emulate what it says for a DX6i or DX6. That being the case, you may not likely find anyone who has a file for a DX6e. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X