Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cessna 210 Centurion and Beechcraft Duke by Aviatix Models

Hello!
    My first post here and glad to be part of Hobby Squawk!
    I am a long time member of RCG but wanted to join here to share some projects I'm working on along with the news of this Cessna 210 since I didn't see where anyone had posted it yet.
    I'm not affiliated with Aviatix other than being enthusiastic about these aircraft.

The rarely modeled and gorgeous Cessna 210 will start shipping at the end of next month / September 2020.

I've been watching this one for a while and was able to reach their stateside contact, Dirk.
    I have been trying to reach them via their web contact form but it was apparently broken.
    They are working to fix it and update the website.
    Also, the 210 will be available for gas or electric power and final production wingspan will be 82".
    The gas version will have a slightly wider nose to accommodate a 20cc opposed twin.

The virus has really put a damper on their production and operations but it has been squared away now.
    Dirk was gracious enough to send and allow me to post these photos on the new 210.

Quoting Dirk at Aviatix:

"My whole vision with Aviatix is to build quality planes you can fly regularly and with unmatched reliability. So that added to all the geometry to make the Cessna gear work has been a huge task! We did copy the exact geometry from the fullsize planes, but getting the accuracy in the strut shape from a spring steel strut has been very hard due to springback in the forging process.

Only a 5 degree inconsistency and that wheel does not go where it needs to be! As an added bonus we also have the changing CG when the gear retract to account for! Here is a more detailed picture of the gear from underneath."

Aviatix will also be offering a Lear Jet with the production run beginning some time in October and the lovely Beechcraft Duke in November or December.
    There will also be a P-51 and Mirage in September / October.

The Cessna 210 and Duke are two of my favorite aircraft and I'm really looking forward to these!

DA

Attached Files

Here's the Centurion I plan on modeling.
    Black belly trimmed in Champagne and Gold stripes.

Also, Dirk at Aviatix just sent me this photo of the Beechcraft Duke plug before they made the molds for it.
    Attached Files

Comment

I like that Centurion colorway you chose, Desolation Angels

The Cessna 210 should fly nicely with an Admiral GP60
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Hi Alpha! Yes sir, I was admiring N264EC when se was put up for sale last year and I've never forgotten her.
        Unsurprisingly, she sold quickly.
        She's as nice as a 210 Centurion gets.

Comment

Some new videos posted of the 210.
          Aviatix is hoping for the production batch of 20 to arrive at the end of March.

Comment

Working...
          X